Question
AirPrint - how to use Apple's AirPrint solution on HP ePrint Printers
Replies (210)

Honor Student
jiGee
Message 11 of 211 (33,335 Views)

Re: AirPrint - how to use Apple's AirPrint solution on HP ePrint Printers

May i ask what is the difference  i mean how would  one  describe the difference between  HP's ePrint and AirPrint (r) Apple's print    is it just the device   and can   one  use  ePrint  on any email capable device  even iPhone (r)     

Teacher
headsortails
Message 12 of 211 (33,312 Views)

HP's AirPrint FAQ covers the difference between Apple's AirPrint and HP's ePrint.

http://www.hp.com/sbso/printing/mac/hp-airprint.html#Q&A

Master's Graduate
Vanricker
Message 13 of 211 (33,294 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello,

here is a bit more info  from the FAQ:  

- AirPrint uses your local 802.11 wireless network to print directly from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to a local HP ePrint product

- ePrint uses the internet, a free service from HP that allows you to print from your email-capable device to your Web connected printer, anytime, from any location, over the Internet.  It is as simple as sending an email to the email address assigned to your product when you set up the ePrint service

If this reply helped you, please say thanks by clicking the blue Kudos star.

I am an HP employee
Student
Dwayne3331
Message 14 of 211 (33,146 Views)

I must be doing something wrong.....I am able to print just fine when I am at home using my iPad, but if I want to print from outside my house, I get an icon that says "select printer", then "no printers found"....help!!

Teacher
headsortails
Message 15 of 211 (33,133 Views)

AirPrint, the method iOS uses to print, works on a local network. ePrint, HP's long range printing solution, will work across networks but to use it you send an e-mail to your printer. You don't use ePrint from the iOS print dialogs.

Honor Student
dingdongbt
Message 16 of 211 (32,823 Views)

on my iphone when i click print, select printer, i showed that 'No printers founder' why.

I have HP Photosmart B110 series.

where should i set this up

Honor Student
dkline
Message 17 of 211 (32,784 Views)

I think I figured out how to make airprint work with an eprint-enabled printer.

I just installed the Photosmart Plus B210 wireless printer. It works great with my Dell PC, but even though my iPad and iPod Touch recognized the printer and started showing a "print" option under the sharing icon in email and in Safari, I just couldn't print from those devices to the Photosmart B210.

I'd get an error message that said "printer is offline," even though it wasn't -- and network tests confirmed that it wasn't.

So thinking that the Apple devices and my HP printer might need to be properly introduced first, I sent an email from each device to the printer, which has its own unique email address (that's what eprint is).

After that, I could print web pages, emails and almost anything else from the iPad and iPod Touch.

Just send an email first, and you're fine from then on.

Rub Top Student
Top Student
Rub
Message 18 of 211 (32,652 Views)

I have the iPhone 3G . Introduced my phone to my hp 6500A all in one by sending from email but I still am unable to send web pages from safari to the printer I get the error message that I am not connected to the network which I know that I am. I bought the app for 3G purposes but so far can only use it with wifi or print from email.
I've had no problems otherwise.
Any more ideas on 3G printing from Safri.
Thank rou.
Rub Top Student
Top Student
Rub
Message 19 of 211 (32,640 Views)

I just read else where in eprint that at this time HP does not support web printing but they are working on it......

Rub Top Student
Top Student
Rub
Message 20 of 211 (32,635 Views)

Didn't work for me!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation