Question

Grad Student
LidNe
Message 1 of 8 (1,263 Views)

How do I set up my Universal Crossword Print Widget prints?

[ Edited ]

The Universal Crossword Print Widget has been discontinued, and there will be no new content. However, you can still receive the Universal Crossword printable by subscribing on your HP web-enabled printer’s front panel, or by visiting HPConnected.com (in the U.S.) or ePrintCenter.com (elsewhere). Note: You will need an HP web-enabled printer to subscribe.

Here’s how to uninstall the Print Widget:

1. Click the Windows Start button.
  2. Click Control Panel.
  3. Click Uninstall a Product.
  4. Select Universal Crossword Print Widget, then click Uninstall.

Universal Crossword Print Widget (c) 2011 Universal Uclick. All Rights Reserved.

I work on HP's behalf.
Honor Student
jgrand
Message 2 of 8 (608 Views)

Re: How do I set up my Universal Crossword Print Widget prints?

My first crossword only printed the headline, no puzzle.  What amI not doing?

Grad Student
MaryChris
Message 3 of 8 (598 Views)

Hi jgrand,

That is an odd problem. Do other things print out OK, just not the crossword?

Best of luck,
Mary

{I work on HP's behalf}
Honor Student
jgrand
Message 4 of 8 (593 Views)

Thanks for the reply.  I kept at it after I sent the post.  I finally managed to get a puzzle printed.  Will keep my fingers crossed for the automatic print.

Student
dks1012
Message 5 of 8 (416 Views)

Do I need to use Pacific Time in the schedule?

Grad Student
MaryChris
Message 6 of 8 (406 Views)

Hi dks1012,

The widget goes by the timezone shown on your PC. If your PC is on Pacific time, it will schedule the printout for Pacific time.

Best of luck,
Mary

{I work on HP's behalf}
Honor Student
April36
Message 7 of 8 (362 Views)

It always prints a duplicate.   How can I set it to print just one copy?

April36

Grad Student
MaryChris
Message 8 of 8 (357 Views)

Hi April36,

For most people, there is no problem with the widget, but a few get multiple printouts for some reason. To try to help, we've put together a set of solutions you can try:

Multiple daily copies of a widget printout

There are two ways to get Universal Crossword puzzles printed out automatically. One is a printer App. If you do not have an HP printer with Apps on it, then there is a widget that can be downloaded to your computer.

There are several ways you can get more than one printout a day from the widget on your computer. If this is a problem, check the following:

• The printer preference settings are set to print more than one copy – if this is the case, change the setting to 1.
  • Someone is clicking the “Print Now” button. Whenever the button is clicked, a printout (or a number of them, as the case may be) is immediately printed, but if that day is checked in the widget settings, it will still print again at its scheduled time.
  • There is more than one copy of the widget program on your computer – to fix that, you need to search for the widget program ("Universal Crossword") in “All Programs” and uninstall the extras.

If none of the conditions above seem to apply to you, try uninstalling and then installing the widget. Perhaps there was a problem during the download that caused a glitch.

Best of luck,
Mary

{I work on HP's behalf}
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation