12-08-2011 07:54 AM
I want to print from my Android tablet running version 2.2. I have an HP OJ J4680 (CB783A) which is the printer I have set up on my home network. Can I print to this device from my tablet? According to your specs I believe I should be able to do this.
NOTE: Another problem I have is that I am not able to download the HP print apps from Android Market. I keep getting a message that I don't have an Android Phone associated with my account. I have and Android Table and not a phone. Is there any other means to get the apps I may need?
Even though my printer is not an ePrint devise, I should still be able to print my my tablet via the cloud. Am I correct ?
Though I have a lot of knowledge about Windows I have very little knowledge of the AndroidOS and its Apps. A detailed answered would be greatly appreciated.
12-08-2011 08:29 AM
Unfortunately, i affraid i don't have any good news to provide you.
The HP ePrint Home & Biz app does not support your printer model, as you may find by the list below:
The only feature i can think for your device is the Google Cloud, however it is limited to some Google Apps only.
And will require Chrome to be installed on your PC, as it being used to share the printer from your PC
Hope that helps,
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution
12-08-2011 08:55 AM
yes, you should be able to print to your device using the HP eprint Home and Biz APP, given your printer and tablet are on your home network.
in regards to not being able to download the HP apps, are you able to download other apps, just not the HP apps? or are you even able to access your android market from your tablet? as long as you have a gmail account synced to your device you should be able to access your market to download apps. if you have a gmail account synced already and are just having issues downloading the HP eprint Home and Biz print , you can always try SIDELOADING the app.On your tablet go into your settings-applications and check the box for unknown sources, then go and google (hp eprint home and biz apk download for android), select the link and download. once its done downloading, pull down your notifications page and then select the completed file download and click install.
12-08-2011 10:03 AM
Yes, I can access the Android Market on my tablet but have not been able to download any apps form Android Market. I can download from CruzMarket, AndAppStore and Getjar Appstore. However, HP has no apps listed at these location.
I do have an gmail account but it is not synced. Not sure how to do that? Is that why I keep getting the ". . .no android phone liked to your account. . . "?
Applications are set to Unknowned as you suggested but I get the same message when I try to download HP ePrint Home and Biz app.
Further direction please.
12-08-2011 01:43 PM
so you tried to sideload and it gave you the same reply?
to sync your gmail account to your tablet- go to settings-select accounts sync-add account-google mail- then type in your user name and password. once synced-try to download.
01-31-2012 03:50 PM
I am using a Asus TF101 tablet. It is synchronized with GMAIL. I have downloaded
and installed HP ePrint Home &Biz.. My printer is HPLaserjet P1102w.
My PC can print to it but when I try with my tablet I get ''Printer not found''.
I consider this an essential function if I am going to use my tablet as a useful tool.
All help will be greatly appreciated
02-03-2012 01:40 PM
Do you have your printer on a wireless network or is your printer directly connected to your router or directly connected to your computer? have you enabled the eprint feature yet for this printer? Sometimes out of the box (depending on when it was sent out from the warehouse) it will need a firmware update to enable the eprint feature. to do that you just need to go to HP.COM, select the DRIVERS AND SUPPORT tab, type in your model number of your printer, then select the operating system your using. once you do that, it should pull up the drivers and updates for your printer. then you can select your firmware update and download. once downloaded, it will prompt you to customize your eprint email address. once selected and enabled, your hp home and biz print app should pick up your printer.
12-26-2012 08:17 PM
Hello, I recently purchased an OfficeJet 6600 and am not able to print from my Toshiba Excite using HP eprint. Please help!!
1. Attached your printer to your home network and enabled web services on your printer?
2. Created an account on hpeprintcenter.com and added your OfficeJet printer to your account? (Normally when you create an account on the ePrintCenter web site it will prompt you to add your printer during that process.)
3. Downloaded and installed the HP ePrint Home and Biz app on your tablet?
4. Activated the HP ePrint Home and Biz app on your Excite using the same email address you used to sign up for your ePrintCenter account?
If you do those steps above your printer will then be enabled to receive print jobs via ePrint from the HP Home and Biz app on your tablet. (Or from the HP Printer Control app - if you install that and activate it using the same email address.)
Sending print jobs via ePrint means you can send the job from any network/connection that links you to the Internet.
You can also print to the printer from the HP ePrint Home and Biz and HP Printer Control apps via Wi-Fi when you're at home as long as the printer and your tablet are on the same Wi-Fi network...that does not require the additional setup steps above that printing via ePrint requires.
See below for more details and instructions to help you through the above steps....
Use the information below to set up your web-connected printer, and to troubleshoot issues using web services:
- How to add your printer to your wireless network - If you are having problems connecting your web connected printer to your wireless network, you’ll find information, guides, troubleshooting advice and tools at www.hp.com/go/wirelessprinting. To ask questions about setting up your printer on your wireless network, use the printer Networks/Wireless forum here: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-networking-an
- How to enable Web Services on your printer – you need to enable web services on your printer to use web-connected features like ePrint and Print Apps. For the steps to enable web services on your printer click here:http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/ePrint-Print-Apps-Mob
- How to get your Printer Code add your printer to your free HP ePrintCenter account – once you've enabled web services on your printer, you should set up a free account on HP ePrintCenter and add your printer (after you enable web services). Adding your printer to your HP ePrintCenter account allows you to easily manage and troubleshoot ePrint and Print Apps on your printer. For information on how to create an ePC account, how to print your info sheet to get your printer code, and how add a printer to an ePC account, click here: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/ePrint-Print-Apps-Mob