Question

Intern
ShaneAtHP
Message 1 of 12 (1,435 Views)

Unwanted faxes, Print Apps, Auto Printing. Manager Tools, Motley Fool

Many HP printers are Web Enabled and can connect to the 'cloud' to receive content or ‘Print Apps’.  These Print Apps can be setup to be delivered on a Scheduled Delivery schedule.  Some customers are inadvertently signing up for this service and think that they are getting a fax or unwanted print app sent to their printer. 

There are two ways that you may have signed up to receive this content. 

1.  You can go to www.hpeprintcenter.com and login by creating an account, identifying your printer, and then selecting one of many print apps that will then appear on your printer panel.  You can then select a desired ‘Scheduled Delivery' for this app that allows your printer to automatically print selected print apps on a set schedule.  i.e. you could receive a news page, crossword puzzle, or article every morning at 7:00 am.

2.  Web enabled printers have a few print apps located on the front panel out of the box and a customer can also initiate a print app to be delivered on a set scheduled from the front panel.  When any of these print apps are selected the customer is asked on the printer screen if they would like to subscribe to the print app.

***Some customers are either inadvertently selecting these print apps and subscribing to them without knowing or the printer is located in an environment where multiple users have access to the front panel of the printer and one user is selecting the print app while others may not.  Users who are unaware of how this Scheduled Delivery’s was set up will sometimes think that they are receiving a fax. 

Methods of stopping a Scheduled Delivery Print App

1.     From the printers front panel go to the 'Apps' section and scroll through until you find the desired print app.  Select the print app and then choose 'Pause' subscription.  This will pause the subscription until a user selects it again and 'resumes' printing.  If the print app is not visible on your printer it may have been removed, please go to method 2.

2.  Go to www.hpeprintcenter.com and login to your account, create an account if necessary.  Go to the 'Apps' section and select the desired print app.  Select 'setup' and then 'update settings', at the bottom of the settings page you will see in blue text 'Cancel Scheduled Delivery'.

If you are still having trouble with this issue just respond to this post.

Thanks,

I work on behalf of HP

Although I am an HP employee my posts and replies are my own.
Student
Larry_Dav
Message 2 of 12 (1,309 Views)

Re: Unwanted faxes, Print Apps, Auto Printing. Manager Tools, Motley Fool

When I go to the print apps section, it does not show that I have the "Motley Fool" app; however, I am receiving daily printing. I want to stop/cancel the application. Also, it does not show up on the "apps section" on the front of the printer.

Teacher
JamieCorv
Message 3 of 12 (1,306 Views)

Larry_Dav,

You need to add the App back in to your printer, then cancel the subscription:

Go to the Apps page in eprintcenter and find the Motley Fool App.(There are several pages of Apps.)

Add it to your printer.

Then go to My Print Apps and do Cancel Scheduled Delivery (as in step 2 above of Methods of Stopping a Scheduled Delivery Print App).

I work on behalf of HP.
Tutor
ibed12
Message 4 of 12 (1,112 Views)

Hi. thank you for your response,  I went to my printer and hit the apps screen and found the one for daily manager. the pause box already had a check in the box, which I think it means that it should be paused, right?  I will wait and see if I get anymore of these.  If I do, I will write back.   Honestly, I don't remember going in and hitting tht box to pause, but I got like 4 of them just recently.  Again, thank you for your quick response and we will see how it goes!

Teacher
JamieCorv
Message 5 of 12 (1,111 Views)

Hi ibed12,

If you go to Apps, then Manager Tools, and you see Pause, then you need to press Pause to stop your subscription. You should then see Resume and OK. Don't press Resume as that will restart your subscription. Press OK, then your Home button (looks like a house, located around the outside of the control panel) to get out.

Once you have pressed Pause you have stopped your subscription. You might receive one more issue but you shouldn't receive any more after that.

I work on behalf of HP.
Honor Student
debcrs
Message 6 of 12 (980 Views)

I can't seem to find the button to cancel scheduled delivery of an app. When I get into its setup screen it will only let me choose the days/time I want the app sent. There seems to be no button to cancel the deliveries. Thank you!

Intern
ShaneAtHP
Message 7 of 12 (969 Views)

It sounds like you are trying to make the change from the application on your computer.

Instead, make the change directly on your printer.

At the home screen on the printer, press the Apps Icon, then press the icon of the particular App you wish to cease printing, when you see Pause, then you need to press Pause to stop your subscription. You should then see Resume and OK. Don't press Resume as that will restart your subscription. Press OK, then your Home button (looks like a house, located around the outside of the control panel) to get out.

Once you have pressed Pause you have stopped your subscription. You might receive one more issue but you shouldn't receive any more after that.

I work on behalf of HP.
Although I am an HP employee my posts and replies are my own.
Honor Student
debcrs
Message 8 of 12 (963 Views)

Thank you! Next time I will try that. I kept fooling with the application on the computer, and eventually, "Cancel Subscription" appeared, for what particular reason I just don't know. I appreciate your repsonse.

Honor Student
teetee09
Message 9 of 12 (589 Views)

I do not have a button that says "Setup" to cancel all these apps.  I clicked on the app I want to cancel but do not see that option...

Teacher
JamieCorv
Message 10 of 12 (587 Views)

Hi teetee09,

If you are on eprintcenter.com (on the web) AND the App has been added to your printer, you have a Setup option.

(If you have removed the App from your printer, add the App back to your printer, then go to Setup and Click on Cancel Scheduled Delivery at the bottom of the page.)

It can be easier to do on your printer. Press the App, then press Pause, then press OK. (Do NOT press Resume.) That will stop your subscription.

JamieAtHP

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation