Question
ePrint - Not Connected error
Replies (479)

Tutor
Morac
Message 261 of 480 (681 Views)

Re: ePrint - Not Connected error

[ Edited ]

Still "not connected" this morning. Still no official word from HP that there's a problem.

Intern
fishingmaniac
Message 262 of 480 (652 Views)

Still no ePrint.  I can print locally using my 8500A wirelessly, by now I have also lost the ability to retrieve the fax log, or access firewall settings or the password page in the printer web interface - error message says invalid URL.  These are predefined URL paths with only the local IP being the determining factor, but I can connect to other setup pages in the printer with the same local IP, What's that all about? Wondering if it's related to ePrint printer updates going on.

Intern
KevID
Message 263 of 480 (635 Views)

Still not connected. Yellow banner again this morning.

HP Photosmart B210 e
Tutor
RogerDF
Message 264 of 480 (589 Views)

No yellow banner.  No ePrint.  Just power cycled the printer again.  I have a test job pending since 13:00 yesterday when I cancelled the job from the day before.

What's the timeline, HP?  Does this thing go back to the store or not?

Intern
PDADoc
Message 265 of 480 (583 Views)

And get what?  Another printer?  Another printer with ePrint?  Did you get the printer to print or just for the ePrint?

I don't like the fact that ePrint isn't working, but at the end of the day, I bought a printer to print at home, not for the ePrint.  Frankly I highly doubt ANYONE bought a printer JUST for the ePrint.

it's clear that HP is working on it and they're trying to fix the problem, so let them fix it.  Impatience doesn't help anyone; I'm still trying to figure out when we collectively got that way?

The PDADoc!
Honor Student
ReApEr
Message 266 of 480 (573 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi, i bought the printer to do both, and i cannot use it locally because the D110 doesn't support nor have drivers for Win XP x64. So my only option right now is to ePrint.

Now the first time, power cycling worked fine, but now it will not CONNECT at all. Yet it is on my network. I can get to the printers embedded web interface and my router shows it connected and there is no log for firewall blocking it. If ePrint uses ping to keep the printer connection alive, i may have to enable WAN ping, but i say no ty to that.

I also disabled energy save but it looks like it still goes to sleep. (Fading power button light on and off). I would say there is an issue, but of course not sure where  :smileyhappy:

Intern
PDADoc
Message 267 of 480 (546 Views)

[ Edited ]

I understand your situation, and I empathize.  I hope [for your sake] that it gets sorted out, if for no other reason than you're left high and dry without a viable resolution.  But, man, I don't mind telling you that it's shaky laying all your printing hopes on a relatively new technology that's bound to have some bugs in it. :smileyhappy:

At the end of the day, the only truly viable option for you just might be returning it and selecting another printer.  Because I have a feeling that this issue will not be resolved to everyone's collective satisfaction for quite some time.

The PDADoc!
Honor Student
yld2rob
Message 268 of 480 (519 Views)

I just took my 6500A back and got a new one. I thought it was defective. I plugged in the new 6500A and it never gave me the printout for the ePrint email address assigned to my printer. When I go into the setting on the printer to see the email address, it gives me the error the printer was unable to connect to the server. I guess now I know why it is not working now.

Tutor
RogerDF
Message 269 of 480 (490 Views)

HP, could we get daily updates somewhere on the website of the status?  It seems like the members of this forum are beating their collective heads against a wall. 

Tutor
Morac
Message 270 of 480 (480 Views)

[ Edited ]

PDADoc wrote:

And get what?  Another printer?  Another printer with ePrint?  Did you get the printer to print or just for the ePrint?

I don't like the fact that ePrint isn't working, but at the end of the day, I bought a printer to print at home, not for the ePrint.  Frankly I highly doubt ANYONE bought a printer JUST for the ePrint.

HP is marketting these printers heavily for their ePrint functionality so I wouldn't be surprised if people bought them for that functionality. 

Personally I wouldn't mind the ePrint downtime if HP would make some kind of official annoucement about the problem, preferably on the ePrintCenter web site (blog or homepage).  It's nice that some HP employees post here on their off time to keep us up to date, but "officially" everything is working fine based on HP's ePrint page.

What I don't understand is why they don't  just revert all the "fixes" made and at least get things in a working state again.  Then figure out what went wrong with this patch (hint try testing it from a remote location) and then patch the servers again (correctly this time).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation