Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a wireless connection. My printer is a HP 1102  

HP Recommended

Hammermill has an app that is perfect for Samsung galaxy note 10.1 

HP Recommended

Hammermill has a perfect print app for samsung tablets (play store)

HP Recommended

@jaboef wrote:

I just bought a wireless HP Photosmart 7520 printer and need help connecting it to my samsung verizon tablet.

same problem. Bob H.

HP Recommended

Hi robertsalyer23,

Thank you for being a member of the HP Support community.  I understand that you would like to learn how to print from your Samsung tablet to your Photosmart 7520 printer.

The first thing we need to do is to connect your printer to your wireless network.  You can easily do this from the front panel of the printer.  The instructions can be found in your User Guide on page 48 in the section titled "To connect the product with the Wireless Setup Wizard".  

Now that the printer is on your wireless network you should be able to print from your tablet as long as it is connected to the same wireless network you connected the printer to. I've included the Printing from an Android Mobile Device document for reference.  

If you want to set up the ePrint feature of your printer, please follow the steps in the document Getting the Printer Claim Code.  Once you have your claim code you can customize the printer's ePrint email address by following the steps in the document Setting Up a Custom Email Address for ePrint.

And lastly for additional reference I've included the FAQ documents for the HP ePrint Mobile app and the HP All-in-One Printer Remote app.

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Hi, I look for the " Printshare" app, I didn't find it. I found the "Printer Share" app, is it the one you installed? They say that you'll need to buy a key if you want to do several print.

Thanks
HP Recommended

How can I pring from my samsung galaxy note 11 to my printer.  How can I save text to my computor.

HP Recommended

I have a hp all in one 6500a plus

HP Recommended

@PollyT wrote:

I have an HP 6500 office jet printer..Have HPeprint set up on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2.  Whenever I try to print it tells me I need a Samsung printer...any help out there would be appreciated.  Is there an APP for that?

HP Recommended

Hi folks,

@dalewaddell

Welcome to the HP Support forums folks. I understand that you would like to know how to print from your Samsung mobile device to your Officejet 6500a printer.

The printer needs to be connected to your wireless network.   You can easily do this front the front panel of the printer.  The instructions on how to do this can be found on page 224 of your User Guide in the section titled “To set up a wireless communication using the Wireless Setup Wizard”.

I’ve included two different documents for printing from an Android mobile device.  The difference between the documents depends on the version of Android operating system that your mobile device is using.  The first document is  Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) and Earlier: How to Use HP's Built-in Print Solution for Android and the second document is Android 4.4 (KitKat) and Later: How to Use the Android Printing Solution.

If you want to continue onwards and set up HP’s ePrint feature please follow the steps in Getting the Printer Claim Code.  Once you the claim code you can set up an account with HP’s ePrintCenter or HP Connected (HP Connected has only been rolled out to the USA and the UK).  The document Setting Up a Custom Email Address for ePrint will walk you through creating your account and personalizing the printer’s ePrint email address. 

For additional reference I’ve included the HP ePrint Mobile App FAQ document. 

@ravelston

Welcome to the HP Support forums.  I understand that when you try to print from you Samsung mobile device that it is prompting you for a Samsung printer.

I’ve included the HP Printers and Supported Mobile Printing Solutions document which shows you which options are available for printing to your Officejet 6500 E709 printer. The document shows the options you have available for printing are to use HP’s ePrint mobile app and using the Android built-in print solution. 

Please use the Android Built-In Solution documents from my response to dalewaddell.  Please also refer to the HP ePrint mobile app FAQ document as well.

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.