Question

Honor Student
lilkittin77
Message 1 of 5 (1,149 Views)

iPad & printer

So before I bought my Photosmart D110a wireless printer, I specifically asked if it needed a computer to get setup... I was told no but now I'm sitting here with my iPad wondering how I'm supposed to get the software from the cd to my iPad. Safari says it will not let me download the online driver available on the hp website.... What do I do now?!<br><br>Please help!
Student
Cecileo127
Message 2 of 5 (1,072 Views)

Re: iPad & printer

Same issue for me. What is the solution?
Top Student
TheYowz
Message 3 of 5 (1,069 Views)

The iPad does not need a driver installed for printing to work.  It only needs to be updated to iOS 4.2 or later.

The printer may need a FW upgrade in order to work and it will definitely need to be put on a wireless network.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking on behalf of myself and not HP.
Master's Graduate
Vanricker
Message 4 of 5 (1,060 Views)

Hello, the HP Photosmart e-AiO D110 will need a firmware update to be AirPrint compatible.    

The firmware update is initiated directly from the printers front control panel, you do not need a computer.   Just make sure the printer itself is on your wireless network and web enabled.  

Then, from printers control panel, in the menu tree is 'Check for product update'.   Sorry, i dont have the exact menu path at the moment.  I

f the printer is on the internet and web enabled, it should be able to download the firmware update directly from HP to the printer.    

Lastly, if the iPad (running iOS 4.2) and the printer are on the same Wifi network, you should be able to print. For more info about how to print from AirPrint, check this support document -

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02623193&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_US...

If this reply helped you, please say thanks by clicking the blue Kudos star.

I am an HP employee
Student
Couchlock
Message 5 of 5 (342 Views)

I got the same printer turn it on and it will show you your network hi light it press ok type in your router password and it's ready download the hp eprint home & mobile in the app store on your iPad it's free I didnt have a computer and it scans and prints. Once you get your printer connected to your router push the light next to the wrench got to wireless and test connection
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation