Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

what is the red x on display

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi,

What is your machine and its operating system ? Which browser are you using ? Normally this shows an image which can not display on your screen (being blocked for example).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@jh1471 wrote:

what is the red x on display

HP Recommended

On what display?

HP Recommended

If you are talking about the red x on your printer it means to cancel or stop print jobs.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.

Anything printed with black ink cartridge does not print.

(It has all along for a couple of years been working ok, and I have tried two different full black cartridges. I have also cleaned the print cartridge area, and done other "fixes" suggested by online support FAQ's.

I have used the HP Print Doctor and it shows nothing wrong.

But, it refuses to print any black, and there is a red X on the control panel, underneath the "?" and the ">".

There is nothing in the user manual to even explain a red X.

What's up? 

HP Recommended

Hi SpokaneLee,

I understand that your black ink is not printing.  What printer do you have?  

HP Recommended

@banhien wrote:

Hi,

What is your machine and its operating system ? Which browser are you using ? Normally this shows an image which can not display on your screen (being blocked for example).

Regards.

PhotoSmart B210A.

HP Recommended

HP PhotoSmart B21A

HP Recommended

Hello

I understand you aren't able to print in black.

I have included a document for not printing in black. Make sure you are using Genuine HP cartridges, check your ink levels, align the printer, check the vents to make sure they aren't blocked and how to clean the printehead.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03956541

If you need more assistance just let me know.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.