Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Enable/Disable Web Services on your printer

You need to enable web services on your printer to use web-connected features like ePrint, Print Apps, and Scheduled Print.  If you skipped enabling web services during your initial setup of your device, or if you are having issues using web services, use the steps below to enable or remove and then re-enable web services.  In some cases removing and re-enabling web services on your printer can resolve web services connectivity issues for your printer. 

When you enable Web Services the Web Services info sheet with your printer’s claiming code should print within a few minutes.  If the Web Services info sheet does not print, try removing and re-enabling Web Services.  If it continues to not print, see the Web Services connectivity troubleshooting here.

Any time you remove web services your printer is removed from your HP ePrintCenter account (if you had added it there), and ePrint and Print App settings are cleared, including your printer's email address.  After re-enabling web services you can re-add your printer to your HP ePrintCenter account and configure your ePrint settings and Print Apps, and select a custom email address.  Note that you will have to choose a new custom email address if you enable/re-enable web services, your previous custom email address will be unavailable for up to 6 months.  See here for info on creating an HP ePrintCenter account and adding your printer.

Photosmart

1. Depending on the model, the Enable or Remove Web Services options will be on:
    1. The Setup>Wireless>Web Services menu option
    2. The Setup>Web option, or via the ePrint/Web Services icon on the printer front panel display. 

1. Photosmart eStation: Select the Menu button on the eStation display (to the right of the Home and Back buttons at the top left when the display is docked on the printer); Select Settings; Select "Web Services”; Select/de-select the “Web Services” checkbox. 

Officejet

1. Enable: Select the Setup > Web Services Setup option to enable Web services. Ensure that both ePrint and Apps are turned ‘ON’ in Web Services setup

2. Remove: Use Setup > Web Services Setup > Restore Factory Settings to remove Web Services from the printer. 

Laserjet

Enable:

1. Print a configuration page from your product, and locate the IP address.
  2. At your computer, open a Web browser and type the product IP address into the address line. The HP Embedded Web Server opens.
  3. Click the “HP Web Services” tab.
  4. Select the option to enable Web Services.
  5. When Web Services are enabled, ePrint information appears in the HP Embedded Web Server. Look for the e-mail address that is automatically assigned to the product. The product also prints an HP Web Services page that contains this e-mail address and instructions for using the service.

Remove: 

1. Print a configuration page from your product, and locate the IP address.
  2. At your computer, open a Web browser and type the product IP address into the address line. The HP Embedded Web Server opens.
  3. Click the “HP Web Services” tab.
  4. Select the option to disable Web Services. This will turn off ePrint and Print Apps for your printer

I am an HP employee.
74 REPLIES 74
HP Recommended

My printer (Photosmart B110a) is connected to the wireless network at home and I have access to the internet.  But when I use my printer's panel screen to try obtain email address or the printer, or even the printer code, it just said it failed to connect to the server and ask me to try again later.  When I fist set up the printer 2 days ago it did print out a printer code but when I use that today, it said the code is expired?!  And now it wouldn't connect to the "server" which I don't understand.

I have no problem printing wirelessly nor sending scan documents back to PC wirelessly.

I have tried to disable and enable the wireless function, restarting the printer and the router... with no effect.

So could anyone tell me what I should do?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

The reason you code expired is because there is a 24 hour time limit to use the code. the best thing to do is as directed above. remove web services and then re-enable the web services to get a new printer code.

Hope this helps you.

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own thoughts.
If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with Accept as Solution if it solves your issue.
HP Recommended

I have a Laser Jet M1217 and I cannot enable the web service.  I followed the directions on this forum but when I pull up the IP address there is no 'Web Services" tab....?  What can I do now?

HP Recommended
I am having the same difficulty. There is no Web Services tab. I can print the Configuration Page wirelessly from my ipad2 from the IP address page using the button provided on the page, and I have checked to confirm that Bonjour (which I understand is AirPrint's operating system) is enabled. But if I select Print on the iPad, it cannot find any printer. Both our laptops (a MacBook and an HP) can now print on the HP M1217 wirelessly, but the iPad cannot.
HP Recommended

Hi Noyesbox,

Have you updated the firmware on your printer so the firmware datecode shows version 20110826?

You can find the download, if needed, here.  After selecting an operating system you will see a firmware option with the download and directions.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
HP Recommended

Thank you! It worked. I had assumed that because I had used a web utility to connect the printer to our wi-fi, and used the enclosed disc, that the firmware was therefore the latest version. But when I checked on the configuration print-out that I HAD been able to print, it was indeed not the one in the message above. Thanks for the link to the download page--it made fixing it a matter of two minutes. 

HP Recommended

p.s. I cannot find the "solution provided" button to mark the thread as problem solved. If someone else can do this, I would be grateful. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for your pointers. I am trying to get my eprint working - on Laserjet 1606dn. But, cannot fine the "HP Web Services" tab after typiong the product IP address into the addresse line of my browser. Help!

HP Recommended

ePrint is now supported on the Laserjet 1606dn.  You must perform a product update to enable it on your printer.

I am an HP employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.