HP Touchpad cannot use connect via USB when on (2538 Views)
Student
mattbetten
Message 1 of 3 (2,538 Views)

HP Touchpad cannot use connect via USB when on

Hey,

I am just looking for some help  for a problem I am having with my touchpad. It is unable to connect to anything via usb when its powered on. If I turn it off or boot into recovery mode i am able to connect via the USB but once webOS boots it will not connect.

Things I have tried:

1. New USB cable and port

2. Reset the touchpad and/or computer

3. Different USB port

I feel the issue seems to be with webOS becuase when the touchpad is off I am able to charge it and when I boot into revcovery mode (holding volume up during boot) my computer is able to recongize a usb device. I have tried using webOS Doctor to recovery the device but the moment the device reboots (at the 4% mark) webos doctor is unable to see the device.

Any help regard the issue would be greatly appreciated.

Student
Chartres
Message 2 of 3 (2,491 Views)

Re: HP Touchpad cannot use connect via USB when on

I have the same problem, with just slightly different symptoms.  The TouchPad will not prompt to enter USB mode when the USB cable is connected; it will charge correctly, tho.

I have installed a Preware application called USB Mode Switch to see if that would help.  The application launches but then immediately shuts down.

I tried booting into Recovery Mode as described above with the USB cable connected, and the large USB symbol does appear on the screen.  However, the computer it is connected to does not see the device in file manager or register that a device has been connected.

Multiple USB cables, USB ports, and computers all have the same effect - nothing.  Any insight on how to recover USB connectivity would be appreciated!

Student
Champ8hp
Message 3 of 3 (641 Views)

Re: HP Touchpad cannot use connect via USB when on

Hi,  Have you got any solution for this. I am facing same issue on my HP Touchpad. Please help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation