Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have had my Palm Pixi for about 1 week, I just got done texting a friend and then 10 minutes later, I didnt touch the phone at all, I tryed to unlock the phone to see if I had messages and the touch screen did not work, I have tried taking the battery out and restarted it. I tryed plugging it in to a usb and it doesnt even work then. Help?

Post relates to: Pixi Plus p121ueu (Vodafone)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here is what to do. It worked for me. Hold the Palm Pixi plus phone close to a picture tube tv (not LCD, but the old tube tv) and switch the tv on, then off. Repeat this couple of times. Then try the pixi plus screen. If you don't have tube tv (like me), don't worry. I had a thin blanket that was giving me static all the time. I rubbed that blanket on bed couple of time (so that it gets statc) and then touched the pixi screen. Repeated couple of times and it worked.

If it doesn't work, there is nothing to loose. But if it works then good for you. It was not my idea, but I found it on the internet.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

Try another restart by holding the power button in and flipping the ringer switch back and forth 3 times. The device should restart and boot back up again. See if you are able to get screen response now.

If this does not work then you can perform a erase apps a data by holding the power button + the Options button (White) + the Sym button all at the same time for up to 10 seconds (All PIM data and logs will be lost, and must be reloaded, logs will be lost permanently); the device should restart again and this time you will have to enter you Palm profile email address and password.

If you still have the same issue you will need to get a new replacement device from your carrier under the 30-day replacement policy. 

HP Recommended

Look at the screen closely, it might be cracked, I had the same issue then realized the screen had cracked.

HP Recommended

how about if my pixi don't have any liquid damage or phisical damage and I can see my texts and my calls but can'

@terabyte wrote:

Try another restart by holding the power button in and flipping the ringer switch back and forth 3 times. The device should restart and boot back up again. See if you are able to get screen response now.

If this does not work then you can perform a erase apps a data by holding the power button + the Options button (White) + the Sym button all at the same time for up to 10 seconds (All PIM data and logs will be lost, and must be reloaded, logs will be lost permanently); the device should restart again and this time you will have to enter you Palm profile email address and password.

If you still have the same issue you will need to get a new replacement device from your carrier under the 30-day replacement policy. 

t get the screen to work and unlock?

HP Recommended

> I have had my Palm Pixi for about 1 week ...

If you can still exchange the phone, do it.  Forget hassling with Palm/HP or with the phone if you can exchange it.

Move quickly.

Sheng-Chieh

HP Recommended
Couldnt my phone company directed me to HP customer service
HP Recommended

I double-check that.  You may need to get nasty at them.

When I got the 1st pixi, it was defective.  The reseller sent me to HP/Palm.  Spent 2 days hassling.  Then I went back

to the reseller, gave me him all the notes from HP/Palm, got nasty and said if you don't exchange this, you will get

a poor Amazon review and notice from BBB.  He moved and gave me the exchange.

Sheng-Chieh

HP Recommended

Ill give that a shot but probably will not work as At&t seems to be competing with Hp on who can have the worst customer service

HP Recommended

Here is what to do. It worked for me. Hold the Palm Pixi plus phone close to a picture tube tv (not LCD, but the old tube tv) and switch the tv on, then off. Repeat this couple of times. Then try the pixi plus screen. If you don't have tube tv (like me), don't worry. I had a thin blanket that was giving me static all the time. I rubbed that blanket on bed couple of time (so that it gets statc) and then touched the pixi screen. Repeated couple of times and it worked.

If it doesn't work, there is nothing to loose. But if it works then good for you. It was not my idea, but I found it on the internet.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem..  The TV screen trick works!  Amazing.. Thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.