Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp officejet 250 printer

This printer was seldom used and now the display indicates that the battery is faulty and I should contact HP. the retail cost is about $100 but I am asking if HP will replace it free of charge. I am willing to pay for shipping

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Keith999,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I would suggest you to  try plugging it in overnight and then starting it. Some printers use a rechargeable battery and some just use a regular coin cell. 

If the issue occurs, We need to set up a repair.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I charged it overnight but am still getting a message on the display that the battery is faulty and needs to be replaced. FYI I Removed the lithium ion battery and the printer will function without it, but the battery apparently is faulty. What do you recommend?

HP Recommended

Hi @Keith999 ,

We apologize for the inconvenience, but it seems that the issue needs a hardware repair.

Unfortunately, there are no further actions we can take through this channel. I recommend reaching out to our phone support for further assistance.

They can help you with the unit repair or part replacement.

I request you talk to HP Phone Support and they will help you to sort it out as it requires advance support or repair.

1. Click on this link -  https://support.hp.com/us-en

2. Select the country.

3. Enter the serial number of your device.

4. Select the country from the drop-down.

5. Click on "Show Options".

6. Fill out the web form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The link does not work; I do not get the option of selecting a country, there is no phone number listed, and I cannot find a link to a web form. I am not sure how to proceed with the hardware repair that you recommend?

HP Recommended

Hi @Keith999,

I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the details.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem but I have already purchased a new battery for $100 and it still says faulty battery. Please advise.

HP Recommended

Hi Rachel571,

For my job I received an OfficeJet 250  printer from one of our field operators that they had stashed away. I am trying to revive the device for another user. After diving into it - charging overnight, updating firmware & drivers, and researching the web I have come to a roadblock. When plugging the battery, the screen displays a battery level of 20%, 2seconds later it shows 0%, then displays a white screen with a  "Battery Faulty" message. 

Perhaps there is another issues at play here. However I am assuming the battery is bad, does HP have an exchange program for a discount off the purchase of a new battery?  

Thank you!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.