Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello everybody, I just noticed that my HP Photosmart 6520 has a problem with the scanner. 
Every time, no matter what kind of profile I choose (black-white, grayscale or color) I have a grey stripe all along the document.

See attached 2 pictures of the "TWAIN Preview" and of the document (a white A4 Page) imported from the scanner in Photoshop... The same problems affects ALL programs and applications which have access to the scanner...
It is clear to me that there is a problem with the lamp.  Is it possible to replace it. 

If yes what is the part number and where can I order it ?1.png2.png

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @x_Maurizio,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you've already done some troubleshooting, which is great! If you suspect an issue with the lamp, here are a few additional steps you can take.

• Clean the Scanner Glass: Sometimes, smudges or debris on the scanner glass can cause issues with scanning. Use a soft, lint-free cloth and glass cleaner to carefully clean the scanner glass.
  • Inspect the Scanner Lamp: If you're comfortable doing so, you can visually inspect the scanner lamp to see if there are any obvious signs of damage or malfunction. Ensure that the lamp is properly connected and seated.
  • Reset the Printer: Sometimes, a simple power cycle can resolve issues. Turn off the printer, unplug it from the power source, wait a few minutes, then plug it back in and turn it on again.
  • Update Drivers and Software: Ensure that you have the latest drivers and software updates for your printer installed. Sometimes, outdated drivers can cause scanning issues.

Hopefully, one of these steps will help resolve the issue with your scanner. Let me know if you need further assistance!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hello, the glass was clean, the device was off for a long time, so also the power cycle issue should not apply here. Drivers are updated...

The only issue is the lamp itself. 
When I press on "Scan" on the touchpad, eventually I can touch once to make a scan preview.

I did that with the open cover to check if the lamp has some issues. 

I pulled up the cover and watched the scanner lamp go back and forth, I don't see any irregularity or sign of "malfunction".

Actually it seems okay. BUT even on the touchpad the preview has that black stripe. So the lamp is damaged, somehow somewhere in the upper side (the side of the covber hinges) and blacks out ca. 2 cm of the image scanned.

Now the question is: how can I replace it physically?!

Could you give me a hint about that?

HP Recommended

Hi @x_Maurizio,

Thank you for your response, 

I'm sending a private message to assist you with the next action.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

I hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.