HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
Adobe has permanently disabled the Flash Player as of 12-Jan-2021, and as the HP Solution center software is based on Flash, it may not work as expected.
Here are two other compatible scanning apps, which can be used to scan your photo or document:
- HP Scan Extended: You can Download-Save-Install > HP Scan Extended
- If the link above does not work, copy and paste the ftp address below into your browser: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/HPScanExt.msi
- HP Scan and Capture: You can download and Install HP Scan and Capture app from Microsoft store. Here is the link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store
For more information on how to use this app, refer: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04675206
NOTE: You must have the HP printer driver software installed on the computer to use these apps. If you did not uninstall HP Printer driver software, then you should have it already.
OPTIONAL: Add HP Scan Extended shortcut to Taskbar / Send to Desktop / Pin to Start
- Open File Explorer > Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Scan Extended\bin
- Right-Click exe > Select Pin to Taskbar / Send to Desktop / Pin to Start
HP Scan Extended features include (and are not limited to): Single, Multiple scans, Image and PDF scans, Email as PDF / JPEG, Source selection, Page Size choices include Auto-Detect (extracts image / document boundary). May include OCR (Save as Editable Text).
We would like to encourage you to post a new topic in the community so our member will be able to help you as well, here is the link to post.
HP Support Community Administrator