HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
HP Support Forum: Rules of Participation
Welcome to the HP Support Forum!
The HP Support Forum is a place where people with HP products and services collaborate with each other. HP employees participate on the forum as well, but it is our primary intent to let users interact with other users. We have a strong community of volunteers, HP partners and HP employees, that strive to help as many people as they can. However, due to the nature of a user to user community, HP does not guarantee that questions will get an immediate response. To learn more about our community and its best practices visit our First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More board. If you have feedback you would like to share, visit Forum Feedback & Suggestions.
Unless specifically identified by HP management, HP employees and affiliates who participate in the forum do so on a volunteer only basis. Such volunteer participants are not compensated for their work nor is their participation considered in the context of HP performance management.
HP may monitor this forum to identify and remove inappropriate use.
If you recognize any violation of these rules, please notify us immediately by using the "report inappropriate content" feature in the Options menu of the message.
To ensure a safe and productive forum, we ask that you observe these rules:
1. Be respectful. Respect your fellow users by keeping your tone positive and your comments constructive. Good or bad, your experiences are always welcome as long as they are offered in a courteous way. Respect people's time and attention by providing complete information about your question or problem, including product name and model number. People like helping those who ask good questions.
2. Be relevant. Make sure your contributions are relevant to this forum and to the specific category or board where you post. If you have a new question, start a new thread rather than interrupting a conversation. Solicitations inviting members to join, participate in, or buy something are never relevant.
3. Obey the law and keep your word. Don't post anything that would violate any law, or any contractual agreement that you have made.
4. Protect privacy - yours and others'. Don't share anything about yourself that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. Don't post contact or other personal information-your own or anyone else's-or any content that you receive in one-to-one communications without the author's consent. For example, don’t post your computer’s serial # or contact information publically, and do not allow someone you don’t know to remotely take control of your computer.
5. Remember this is user-generated content. You'll find plenty of good advice here, but remember that your situation, configuration, or use may vary from that of the individual sharing a solution. Some advice you find here may even be wrong. Apply the same good judgment here that you would apply to information anywhere on the Internet.
6. Think before you post: You may not use, or allow others to use, your registration membership to post or transmit the following text or images:
a. "Rants", "slams", or legal threats against HP, another company or any person.
b. Political statements, images or commentary.
c. Discriminatory statements, images or commentary based on a person’s race/color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical/mental disability, veteran status, genetic information or citizenship.
d. Off-topic comments not related to a technical or usage issue regarding an HP product.
e. Language or images that promote illegal activity or use of an illegal substance or discusses such activities or substances with the intent to commit or use them.
f. Duplicate posts.
g. Hyperlinks that lead to sites that violate any of the forum guidelines.
h. Advertisements or requests to sell or market products or services provided or rendered by you or any other person or entity with whom you are affiliated, or for personal monetary gain, reward or any other compensation.
7. Do no harm. You may not interfere in any way with the operations in the forum or with a fellow user's message box, including, but not limited to, mail or "post" bombing, news bombing, other flooding techniques, deliberate attempts to overload a system, broadcast attacks, or attempts to avoid messaging blocking.
8. Do not artificially inflate forum statistics. There are several statistics in place in the forum that are used to measure performance and overall health of the community. You may not purposely attempt to inflate a particular statistic in order to promote yourself in the community. For example, creating a duplicate account in order to acquire more kudos.
9. Cooperate with site moderators and administrators. You may not evade bans or suspensions or otherwise disregard directions from HP Support Forum moderators or administrators. If you are banned from one HP Consumer Support Forum, you may not participate in another. For example, if you are banned from the English forum you are also banned from participating in French or German forum.
10. If you are an HP employee you must identify yourself as one. You must always be clear that you speak for yourself only and not for HP, and follow HP policy.
The content found in the HP Support Forum comes from a variety of sources, primarily from community members. The opinions expressed in the HP Support Forum are those of their authors and not of HP or its subsidiaries and affiliates. HP makes no claims or representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or truth of any material submitted or found in the discussion areas. HP is not liable for any website links posted within the discussion areas; website links posted in the discussion areas may link to sites not administered or under the control of HP and users open such links at their own risk. HP is not liable for any errors or delays in the content or transmission of postings on the site. Remember that you are responsible for your own decisions to act upon the information provided by community members.
Please remember that you are responsible for all statements made and acts that occur through the use of your user name and password. If your user identification or password(s) is compromised, or if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your account or other breach of security, you are responsible for promptly notifying us.
HP may at any time and without prior notice remove any posted message or thread, delete words from posted messages, or ban your account for violating these Rules of Participation or other site terms.
Forum moderators and administrators
You will see some community members have a moderator or administrator logo next to their names. These individuals help keep the forum running smoothly and report any issues with the site.
On occasion, they will answer questions, particularly those regarding how to use and navigate the site. They will assist you where they can, but please note that forum moderators and administrators are not HP technical experts. The HP Support Forum is a place where people with HP products and services collaborate with each other. Our primary intent is to let users interact with other users. If you need an answer from HP, please contact us using one of the options listed at this URL: http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html
We thank you and your fellow community members.. If you have any questions about our rules or terms, please let us know by posting them to this URL: Forum Feedback and Suggestions