Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 840 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a 840 G3 which  touchpad making unwanted double left click. Was quite challenging to track down the issue but now I know exactly: problem happens when making a left click with the lower touch button (physical), and after that using the touch pad "single touch" as a left click. This way the problem can reproduced 100% sure. Sent the laptop for repair and had motherboard replacemenet (service said it had a chipset heating issue where the touchpad connected... but problem remained the same)

If I use only the physical lower left button or the "virtual" left button single touch on the touch, then all good. Else it makes me mad as windowses popping randomly around after the double clicks 😞

Does this a software issue? Laptop had an extensive checking and they found no issues. Please advise.

ps: after the repair center visit the upper left and right buttons stopped working and the mouse stick stopped too... maybe they not plugged in a strip cable etc?

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Any suggestions? May this be a HW issue or software related? Any help would appreciated, thanks!

HP Recommended

Dear All,

Today I got back my notebook from the store where I purchased. I still had valid guarantee so they tried to solve the issue. Dell replaced motherboard: not helped. Then the store replaced touchpad: not helped 😞

Finally (what else) then Windows 10 clean install: guess what: not helped...

Please check out my demonstration video, this problem is really annoying. I could track down the issue into the lower physical touchpad buttons. When some clicking on the touchpad itself as "soft left click" then on the lower physical buttons then double click happens. I assume its some windows driver bug. 

I also has a I2C error in device manager.

video: https://youtu.be/YtRwOK9qTmY

photoes of the I2C error: https://drive.google.com/open?id=14O6o4F9kCxMwk0rnR7LFyLnpybQJ6sif

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.