Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Adrian, THANK YOU for sharing the files!  Very much appreciated!  The files have been scrubbed everywhere else...

HP Recommended

Help please havee been at this for 6 hours have followed every part of information but the RFU of the old version before update in Oct 2020 will not open on the computer we havee clicked everything on and off as it shows and still the new version is on the printer 

HP Recommended

Several things - one make sure you have gone into the service menu and set it to allow downgrades as per the previous instructions.

2, do you have the DW model? I found this page and others looking for help with the nw model. The info on these pages is mostly the dw and the files referenced here to use do not work on the nw model. I found help on R e d d i t t with someone who had the nw files and the exe file worked straightaway over USB for me when I used them plus the settings discussed on here. Won't put a link here as it'll get removed but should be easy to find if youlook on that site 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi. My advice is a combination of various things on here, but this is what has just (finally) worked for me:

1. Perform the various printer setting changes mentioned elsewhere (Block auto upgrades / allow downgrades etc).

2. Remove the toner cartridges so the printer is empty of ink

3. Connect the printer to your PC using a USB cable (Wi-Fi no good).

4. Perform a full factory reset of the printer

5. Remove and then re-install the printer on your PC's control panel

6. Run the firmware downgrade [content removed]

A very frustrating few days (especially in the middle of lockdown) but this has worked. This is outrageous behaviour by HP. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.