Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
m2u84a

Hello. I am using a 3 year old Inkjet 5200 series. Recently changed the cartridge with original HP cartridges from Costco. However, i now find the alignment is way off. There is a wide margin at the top of the page and that leave the bottom portion of the page contents left out. I tried using the self alignment function, and when i scam the page as instructed, the scanning step never completes. I just cannot seem to use this printer anymore. Anyone else has encountered such as issue. Appreicate any guidance on how to solve this. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @yesyes1998,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're experiencing some frustrating issues with your HP Inkjet 5200 series printer after replacing the cartridges. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the alignment problem.

• Clean the Cartridge Contacts: Sometimes, residue or debris on the cartridge contacts can interfere with communication between the cartridge and the printer. Remove the cartridges and gently clean the contacts with a lint-free cloth or cotton swab dampened with distilled water.
  • Reset the Printer: Turn off the printer, unplug it from the power source, and wait for a few minutes. Then, plug it back in and turn it on. This can sometimes reset the printer and resolve alignment issues.
  • Manually Align the Cartridges: If the self-alignment function isn't working properly, you can try manually aligning the cartridges. Most HP printers have an option in the printer settings or control panel to manually align the cartridges. Follow the on-screen instructions to align the cartridges manually.
  • Check Paper Settings: Make sure that the paper settings in the printer driver match the paper size and type that you're using. Incorrect paper settings can sometimes cause alignment issues.
  • Update Printer Firmware/Drivers: Check for firmware updates for your printer on the HP website and make sure you have the latest drivers installed on your computer. Sometimes, updating the firmware or drivers can resolve compatibility issues that cause alignment problems.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.