Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I'm having trouble with my HP OfficeJet Pro 9613 printer and HP 963 cartridges. First, my black cartridge ran out of ink, so I got a new one. But when I tried to use it, I got a message saying one of the color cartridges was also out of ink. So, I bought a new color cartridge, but then I got another message saying a different color cartridge was out of ink. Even when I try to print using only black ink, the printer still says it's out of ink. The thing is, I rarely use color printing, but the printer still insists on having all the color cartridges filled. I checked, and there's definitely ink in the color cartridges.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @dawoodkhalifa,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you're encountering an ink error issue with your HP OfficeJet Pro 9613 printer and HP 963 cartridges. This problem might occur due to various reasons, such as incorrect cartridge installation, cartridge chip issues, or printer firmware glitches. 

Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

• Verify Cartridge Installation: Ensure that the cartridges are properly installed in their respective slots. Make sure they are securely seated and snapped into place.
  • Check Cartridge Levels: Confirm that the cartridges contain sufficient ink. Some cartridges may have a transparent window that allows you to visually check the ink levels. Alternatively, you can check the ink levels through the printer software on your computer.
  • Clean Cartridge Contacts: Sometimes, dirt or ink residue on the cartridge contacts can interfere with communication between the cartridge and the printer. Gently clean the contacts with a lint-free cloth or cotton swab moistened with distilled water. Avoid using alcohol or other solvents.
  • Reset Printer: Turn off the printer, unplug it from the power source, and wait for a few minutes. Then, plug it back in and turn it on. This process can sometimes reset the printer and clear temporary issues.
  • Update Printer Firmware: Make sure your printer has the latest firmware installed. You can usually update the firmware through the printer's control panel or by visiting the HP support website and downloading the latest firmware for your printer model. Update the firmware on an HP printer
  • Run Printer Diagnostics: Most HP printers have built-in diagnostic tools that can help identify and troubleshoot issues. Check your printer's user manual or visit the HP support website for instructions on running diagnostics.

Refer to this document: HP OfficeJet Pro 9133 All-in-One Printer User Manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.