Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I want to enlarge the font of my ProBook 450 G6. the photo you will see has not the exact size. The font of my PC ist very small and hard to read. Is there as soution to enlarge the font.  I am thinking of buying another PC which has a larger font.
WD My Book.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello.

Go to Windows 11 Settings and select System, then Display. (oder System -> Anzeige)

If you have external displays, make sure you select the laptop display. A bit down on the settings page there is "scale" (Skalierung) which probably shows 100% at the moment? Try higher scaling settings from the list, for example 150%.

As an alternative to scaling you can change the screen to lower resolution on the same settings windows, but this may result in a more blurry screen.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@Klondyke 

Please try hold down Ctrl key and enter + (plus) sign few times first. What is the resolution of its screen ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Sorry it did not help pressing down at the same ctrl and + key. It nearly impossible that it can work. The display  of the PC is at its limit.  a phote with png con can enlarge.

I have sent you a photo of my PC  full scale. But the writing is very small to read.

HP Recommended

Hello.

Go to Windows 11 Settings and select System, then Display. (oder System -> Anzeige)

If you have external displays, make sure you select the laptop display. A bit down on the settings page there is "scale" (Skalierung) which probably shows 100% at the moment? Try higher scaling settings from the list, for example 150%.

As an alternative to scaling you can change the screen to lower resolution on the same settings windows, but this may result in a more blurry screen.

HP Recommended

I am sorry it does not work. To enlarge the font I have to use scale 100-150%.  Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot but my PC has a warning that it might be impossible to return.

HP Recommended

The font can e enlarged with scale 100-150%.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much fot the help. My PC shows a warning that it might be impossible to return. Therefore I am hesitating to increase to 150%

HP Recommended

Hello again,

You can always change the scaling setting back to what it was. I don't understand why you are getting a warning.

My Windows 11 computers at hand do not warn me no matter which scaling setting I try. Some (old) software may not scale properly (or at all) and may require updating, but that's something you need to find out yourself.

Windows 11 also has a Text Size setting but not all software honor this setting.

Jupitero_2-1712816739333.png

HP Recommended

Good morning I always update Windows 11 . I enclose a photo of the warning in German. If I inctrease he foint scale to 150% will there be any disadvantages?Skalierung.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.