Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 630 notebook pc
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I want to find the default factory bios image  which came with the new HP 630 notebook pc

My bios information:

Notebook model HP 630 notebook PC

Product no. :  A1E16EA#ABZ

System board Id: 3674

Bios vendor: Insyde

please note that I a looking for original factory bios  image and not the bios  updates available on the HP support site.

Please give me the link for downloading the factory bios image.

Thanks for any advice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi zottie,

Unfortunately the original BIOS isn't available for download via hp.com. The earliest version is F.16.  At the moment I can't confirm, but it's possible that your computer shipped with F.16 installed from the factory and that any earlier BIOS was only pre-release.

Fortunately, your model wasn't included in the Intel AMT security vulnerability.  If it were, the oldest BIOS availabe to you would be from 2017.

-wes

I am an HP employee.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi zottie,

Unfortunately the original BIOS isn't available for download via hp.com. The earliest version is F.16.  At the moment I can't confirm, but it's possible that your computer shipped with F.16 installed from the factory and that any earlier BIOS was only pre-release.

Fortunately, your model wasn't included in the Intel AMT security vulnerability.  If it were, the oldest BIOS availabe to you would be from 2017.

-wes

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hello,

THe earliest version on web is F.16 - SP53108.exe- dated way back to 2011

Why are you requesting original Factory BIOS ?

Each new BIOS release has fixes and enhancements

I am an HP employee.

"Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button or mark the post that solved your problem as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!"
HP Recommended

Thanks for the fast response.I have taken note of your answer and want to come back to it later.

I also have a brand new HP 250 g5 notebook PC

product id: 4WN25EA#ABZ

system Id: 81EB

bios vendor: insyde

Bios revision: 14

The laptop bios screen indicates the above bios from a brand new condition (laptop never used).

Does HP provide a downloadable file (integral or not) for this bios revision?, because I dont see it on the HP support site as they only  supply  versions f.30, f.23, f.13, f.09, and f.02.I would like to have this integral file to keep and use to repair my laptop in case of possible future bios corruption and preferably in a format where I can backflash. Otherwise I will have to clone bios chip externally with a programmer - which is a big job. Thanks

I

HP Recommended

Hey Zottie,

If it isn't available on our site now, then it is very unlikely it will be added.  Our BIOS teams usually only release updates to the web.

The previous PC might be different only because it looks like it uses the same BIOS as earlier models but was updated to support yours at release.

-wes

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.