Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, 

yes, it fixes it also for me, but only for some days 😞

Then the problem re-appears, don't know why. 

HP Recommended

Hi, I'd like to add that I'm also experiencing the same problems as everyone else here. Started noticing the flashing green LED followed by black screen (no video) when I was using Windows 8.1, and it still persists after upgrading to Windows 10. This would occur during a cold bootup or waking from sleep. My workaround was to cycle the power switch on the back of the monitor and then reboot the computer, but this does not permanently solve the problem.

I have two computers connected to my LP3065 monitor; one has a older nVidia GTX 260 and the other a fairly recent nVidia GTX 650 video card. Both sporadically exhibit the black screen problem despite having the latest drivers, so I believe it's an nVidia issue. I have contacted them but have not heard back. I am curious to try an AMD RADEON video card to see if this problem goes away because it is starting to get to me.

HP Recommended

To provide an update, with me it seems to last shorter and shorter each time I unplug it.. first time it lasted a few days, now its down to a day.

To me this sounds like an issue with the power supply. I already replaced the fuse inside the unit and resurrected the unit from a state of permanent standby.

It seems to be charge related.. over time the charge builds up and causes the issue. Which would also explain why turning it off at the power button does nothing - because the power supply is still being fed power even if it is turned off.

Unplugging it while the screen is on seems to be the best way so far - I think as it is turned on all the residual power in the unit is instantly drained. Plugging it in again, it works fine.

HP Recommended

It seems like more of a DVI HDCP/EDID handshake issue, perhaps caused by a bug in the nVidia drivers. According to the docs a flashing green LED means the signal is out of range. Maybe unplugging and plugging in the DVI cable somehow initiates a new handshake between video card and monitor. I get the same temporary fix from power cycling the switch at the back of the monitor.

I am evaluating an AMD Radeon graphics card to see if this is a nVidia-only issue (everyone else here reporting this problem is using a nVidia card!). I will report back with my findings.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Just wanted to post I have the same problems with Windows 10.  Sometimes when powering on and most of the time when coming back from sleep the LP3065 is not being detected and secondary monitor becomes primary.  I had the same issue with different video cards (nVidia and Radeon), different monitor configurations.  Till now I have been power cycling the monitor then going to display settings --> Detect. Then windows finds and restores it.

Thanks lots for the Win-ctrl-B shortcut.  This is great, amazing though I can find nothing about what this actually does other than:

Access the program that is displaying a message in the Notification Area

which I don't think is accurate at all.

Another quick-fix is Win-P which brings up the "projector" screen and changing things here resets and starts it working as well.

I just want to ask, has anyone found the underlying issue?  I am leaning toward Windows 10 because I never had any issue with Win 7.  Someone mentioned windows 8, which i haven't used much but seems to be very similar in this regard to windows 10.  But the fact that I had the same issue with nvidia and amd both makes me think it is not the drivers so much as the OS.

It seems to me the issue is, as someone mentioned, when the monitor gets some "out of range" signal it flashes it's light and goes off, but it must be putting something on it's output that the PC/video card is interpreting as a "nothing there" or an error.  So resetting the monitor changes that signal and the computer detects it again.

HP Recommended

Hi pwipf,

I started to get the problem (I think) on Windows 7. I remember as I upgraded to Windows 10 to see if it would fix it. Then the frequency got worse, until now it's pretty much unusable unless I unplug it from the mains.

It could however have been a driver issue as I think shortly before I had the first occurance I had upgraded the graphics drivers.

However, rolling back the driver simply doesn't fix the issue with Windows 10 - not sure if it would have with Windows 7. I also do not have another PC capable of outputting this resolution, so I can't really do any more testing with regards to that.

The issue definitely seems to be deteriorating with me though, even after unplugging. Which is very odd. To me it's sounding more and more like a hardware issue, but there are too many coinsidences, like all of us seeing this on Windows 10, noticing it around the same time.. Could it be that all our screens are around the same age and one of the components inside is dying?

If it is hardware, it's either the power supply, or, what I think is more likely, is the logic board.

HP Recommended

Well I installed an AMD Radeon 4870 X2 video card for a week and still experience the same no video problem. This time I can rule out drivers since I was using a Microsoft WHQL supplied driver (there is no current Catalyst driver for this old video card). Seems like the only workaround is the Ctrl+Win+B key combination. I have doubts it a hardware problem because after the Ctrl+Win+B keypress, the monitor will display video flawlessly all day.

HP Recommended

The CTRL-Windows-B button worked for me!!!  I was pulling out my hair trying to figure out what was going on with my monitors until I ran into this forum.  I basically tried everything to no avail.  I have two LP3065 monitors.  They would randomly go blank at complete random times. 

This problem started at w8x64 I believe.  I tried different video cards (Nvidia GTX 670 & 2 different GTX 970's).  Tried different cables. I tried different a motherboard & processor (I basically kept upgrading my hardware hoping the problem would go away).  I tried upgrading OS from 8 to 10 which actually made the problem worse and more frequent.  I tried using an active DP adapter to Dual-DVI adapter which reduced the problem from 2-3 times a day to once every few days but had an unfortunate side effect of occasional screen artifacts (grainy, flickering screen).

I was about to chuck my monitors for the newfandangled 34" curve wide screen ones but, with the CWB workaround, I can keep them around for a while longer.  Thank you fellow posters!

HP Recommended

Hi all,

I'm having the exact same problem since some time in July. I own two LP3065 monitors, one hooked up to a Windows 10 machine and one to a Windows 7 machine.  The effect of power cycling lasts less than a day and CTRL+Win+B only works on my Windows 10 machine.

Has anyone found a permanent solution or is replacing the monitor the only option?

If anyone from HP support is reading this, please comment. It's quite frustrating to have to deal with an issue like this for such high-quality products.

HP Recommended
I agree.. we really need HP to comment on this. Sounds to me like a manufacturing defect that oddly has surfaced all at the same time for several people. June/July also sounds the same time mine started happening.

I've still not fixed it. Some days it's worse than others. I'm determined not to bin it until it's completely unusable. At least I can get it working again without grovelling on the floor every few hours..

Do you have the same issue on Windows 7 and Windows 10 with both monitors?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.