Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I think the fact that updating drivers seems to have resolved it for you confirms that. When was the driver that you are currently using released? 

On a somewhat bright note, I've discovered that toggling between dvi ports on my video card in some unidentified way... seems to resolve all of the in-windows issues. I still can't see during boot, but once windows comes up, I was able to see it even before login (after a restart*).

I could also go to device manager and refresh the devices, as well as perform other admin actions without the screen turning off.

*If I do a full shut-down, however, the problem resets itself and I have to go through the port toggling exercise again to get rid of in-Windows issues.

So, at least I don't have to deal with that constant annoyance. I just can't access my bios without another screen, and I have to play "plug n' play" games with my dvi cable after startup.

But tolerable. I ordered a displayport to dual link dvi adapter. It will be here in a couple of days. Maybe it will work for me. HDMI to an HDTV seems to work fine 100% of the time, so far...

(EDIT: Not too hot. Less so now, than it was all through summer. Plus my computer is in my basement office, so it stays pretty cool down here year-round

HP Recommended

Unfortunately it went wrong again today.

I had to switch back to my original setup. Looks like it wasn't fixed after all 😞

HP Recommended

That is unfortunate.

My displayport adapter experiment did not work either. I got real excited for a split second when I actually saw something during boot. But, it was ultimately the same old issue, with the added issue of the adapter causing a lot of screen flickering.

I broke down and bought another monitor. I wanted to move to a 16:9 AR anyway, since what I do now with the computer is a lot different than what I did when I bought this monitor back in 2009. So, I got a 2560x1440 27". Hopefully, I won't have the same issues with it (unless it turns out to be a beyond-1080p issue w/ W10 and/or Nvidia drivers).

HP Recommended

Hello all,

I was able to resolve all of my Windows 10 and LP3065 monitor problems by power cycling the monitor (unplugging the power from the monitor). So far everything has been working great for a coupele of days.

Who'd ever thunk that a monior would ever have to be power cycled. I don't think it was reporting the EDID data corrently until I did this.

HP Recommended

Wow... I...

I can't believe that worked... Did a shutdown, unplugged the monitor from pc and power. Turned it back on... What do you know I can see the boot and all is right again...

Anyone want to buy a monitor? 🙂

EDIT: Survived another restart. This also seems to have fixed the issue I was having with nvidia cp not reporting my display as HDCP compliant. It is now correctly reporting it as compliant.

I wonder if other people around the web reporting issues with various monitors would benefit from this solution as well. I also wonder if it is a short-term fix... Royster had his working for a couple of days. He thought a driver update fixed it, but then reported back today that it had gone back to the previous non-working state. I wonder if he had cycled his monitor's power at the same time. 

HP Recommended

Interesting..

I don't think I did do a full power cycle to get it working.

In addition, this past weekend I was away, so I left it switched off at the power outlet. When I came back to it a few days later, that is when the issue started 😞

I have turned it off at the wall again to see if this makes a difference and will try it again tonight (although this time I left it in standby mode and powered it off - hopefully draining any left over charge in it. The other time, I most likely switched it off with the power button and then the mains.. so I guess there could be a charge left.

Interesting we're all seeing this at the same time and thought it was Windows 10. I guess this means it is a monitor issue.

I guess I'll see what happens tonight!

HP Recommended

Hmm.. I did the same. Turned my screen off at the switch. The next time it came on without issues.

I guess I'll have to turn it off at the wall going forward.. should save a bit of energy as well!!

HP Recommended

Hi everyone!

I have exactly the same problem with the monitor. 

I figured out the following: One of the problems is the maintenance autostart of Win 10 (the PC sometimes turns on in the middle of the night for installing updates). Win 10 seems to start with a "blank" monitor or something, at least the monitor does not turn on for the update install. However, after such update and start in the middle of the night, the monitor definetely goes into standy and does not turn on. I have disables this automated maintenance now, it worked for 3 days. Today, after coming out of sleep mode, the same problem: monitor does not turn on.

My current solution when the monitor is turned off is the following: CTRL+WinKey+B

This magically turns on the screen.

Probably, this helps for you as well. Nonetheless, seems to be a driver problem.

HP Recommended

Ah, forgot another thing: If anyone wants to reproduce the problem:

Device Manager --> Graphics Card --> Right click --> Properties --> Select Details tab

Typically switches off the monitor immediately (can be recovered with the CTRL+Win+B Shortcut).

HP Recommended
Hey, Hans. In case you missed it, we all fixed our problemby power cycling our monitor. Unplug the dual link cable from gpu. And (the important part) unplug your monitor from its power source gor several seconds. Then plug it all back in and start your pc. Fixed all of my issues.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.