Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

My computer (Product No. H5P41AA) crashed suddenly the other day.  I tried to get as much information as I could when it went down, but everything happened so fast that all I could write were "Imminent Failure,"  "File:  hiberfil.sys," and "Error Code:  0xc0000411."

I don't recall making any changes to the system within at least a week of its demise,  but I can tell you this machine has had an odd sleep/hibernation pattern since the day I brought it home.  If I didn't use it for about 10 minutes, it would turn itself off.  After another 10 minutes or so, it would turn itself back on, and this behavior would continue as long as I didn't shut down the system.  Since I had a habit of accessing the computer multiple times during the day, this didn't particularly bother me, so I never investigated it further.

Also, there was a strange situation in the defragmentation/optimization area, where Drives C and D were listed along with another drive that was something like 23% fragmented, but, try as I might, there was no way I could do anything with that third drive.  Googling the issue provided me with a consensus opinion that the best thing to do was to leave it alone, which is what I did.

Measures I've taken to solve my problem have included, verifying that the monitor, cable, mouse and keyboard all work by trying them on my Windows Vista machine, which I had to resurrect in order to file this report and look for solutions to my dilemma.  I've also tried a DVI cable, reseated the RAM, and attempted a hard reset, all to no avail, and the monitor from my Vista machine also does not work when connected to the 8.1 computer.

Without a monitor, mouse, and keyboard, I'm at a complete loss in trying to figure out what to do next.  How can I determine if the problem is in the motherboard, the hard drive, the BIOS, or something else?  And, since I will not have had this machine for a full year until October 18, how can I ascertain if all of this is because of something I may have inadvertently done or if it's something covered by my warranty?

Thanking you in advance for your willingness to help, I hope to soon be forever in your debt via your recommendations for a solution to this madness.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Unspindoc,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that you received an error and now your monitor, keyboard and mouse to not work on your HP 110-023w Desktop PC. Given that you are under warranty and close to it's end I think it would be best if you contact HP Technical Support for repair options. You want to ensure this is properly dealt with while it is still under warranty.

I would like to thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Unspindoc,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that you received an error and now your monitor, keyboard and mouse to not work on your HP 110-023w Desktop PC. Given that you are under warranty and close to it's end I think it would be best if you contact HP Technical Support for repair options. You want to ensure this is properly dealt with while it is still under warranty.

I would like to thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

Hello, again, Dunidar, and thank you again for trying to help me way back when.  Please accept my apologies for taking so long to get back to you.  My experience with HP did not help me in the least at that time.

I followed your recommendation to check with HP Technical Support, only to discover that they are located in Thailand and may not understand English as well as you think they do.  I spent about an hour on the phone with an agent before I could finally get her to understand what my problem was.  She then referred me to somebody else, and I was told that I would receive further instructions via e-mail and that they would send me something in which to mail my computer to a service center.

Then, for some reason, they decided to use the date that my computer was shipped to Walmart rather than the date that I bought it and wouldn't even bother to get back to me to tell me why.

Because of all of that I must, regrettably, rescind my "Accept as Solution" even after all this time.  Since then, I have decided to never again buy any HP product, and I'm telling all my friends that HP does not honor its warranties.  I know that your recommendation was given in good faith, but you got stabbed in the back by your "service" people.  I can only hope that my decision will create more losses for HP than they would have had by simply fixing my computer the way they should have.

Sorry it had to come to this.  Someone should educated your "service" people in terms of what service is all about and show them it's not good business to ignore their customers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.