Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 23-f204a
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi today I opened my computer and it wouldn't go past hp logo. Called hp, they advised to release the static. Did that, comp worked fine. Just went to re open comp and it's the same thing (10hrs later) tried to dispel the static and it's now not working, just the up screen. Please help!!!

please note, I'm not a techie or techie minded, so any help needs to be laymans terms please.

thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Pottumpuss,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.

I came across your post about issue with the desktop not starting, and wanted to help!

First, try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes:

HP Desktop PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10,8)

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Pottumpuss,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.

I came across your post about issue with the desktop not starting, and wanted to help!

First, try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes:

HP Desktop PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10,8)

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I have been through all of HP's troubleshooting guides, including that one and have done the power drain and still nothing. The power button is lightly lit on power on. The fans spin but nothing comes out on the screen. The hard drives were probably failing prior to this...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.