Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
320-1030
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Greetings,  I was wondering what to look for if I wanted to upgrade my 320-1030  in terms of a motherboard and CPU? I was contemplating upgrading the CPU to an A8-3820 on the existing board, but I now am wondering if it is possible to move to a faster CPU (which I am assuming would require a new motherboard  if that is possible).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings,

I don't believe you can do much in the way of upgrading this system.

This site shows all possible processors that may run in an FM1 socket. This system may not support each one listed.

Please note the processor TDP spec on your system is 65 watts. 

The motherboard was designed to fit the chassis and probably has special proprietary connections which may not be available on after market system boards.

So it is probably not possible to just pop any mainstream motherboard in the case.

Jay

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

I don't believe you can do much in the way of upgrading this system.

This site shows all possible processors that may run in an FM1 socket. This system may not support each one listed.

Please note the processor TDP spec on your system is 65 watts. 

The motherboard was designed to fit the chassis and probably has special proprietary connections which may not be available on after market system boards.

So it is probably not possible to just pop any mainstream motherboard in the case.

Jay

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.