Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ENVY 700-049
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Wondering if the oversized ASUS ROG STRIX 1080 will fit in my ENVY 700-049. I measured the case and it seems like it might barely fit, however I don't know the exact shape of the card. I haven't made any upgrades that should effect the way the card fits.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@SlimmonShady, welcome to the forum.

Please look at the card here.  You can go to the Specifications tab for all of what you need to know.  If this is the card that you want to buy it is 11.73" in length.  I know that you said you measured the case.  Measure it again from the Back I/O plate to the front of the case where the card will be installed.  This will allow you to see if other components will be in the way.  I know for a certain that it will be extremely tight and could block airflow.  Also, it requires additional power from the PSU.  Your PSU may not be powerful enough at 460W or the appropriate cable.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@SlimmonShady, welcome to the forum.

Please look at the card here.  You can go to the Specifications tab for all of what you need to know.  If this is the card that you want to buy it is 11.73" in length.  I know that you said you measured the case.  Measure it again from the Back I/O plate to the front of the case where the card will be installed.  This will allow you to see if other components will be in the way.  I know for a certain that it will be extremely tight and could block airflow.  Also, it requires additional power from the PSU.  Your PSU may not be powerful enough at 460W or the appropriate cable.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.