Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

So basicaly I did all that you told me to do and it doesnt work. I will post a video soon on what I exactly did.

HP Recommended

Hi Infernal,

Then maybe the card is bad. Or your power supply is not providing enough watts on the 12 Volt rail? Or you have the 6 pin adapter connected incorrectly.

Can you try the card on a different UEFI PC (maybe a friend or relative) having the recommended power supply output?

Did you disable any PCIe slots on the motherboard by accident?

Jay

HP Recommended

I can agree on the card being bad( I have 10 days to exchange for another or refund)

The  6 pin power was connected correctly

My friends to not have any supporting computers to tes on

I did not diable any slots since I put my old card back in and it is working

Video will come soon with my step by step procedure!

EDIT: IF the power is the problem what kind of power supply would you suggest me to use in this website!

Cooler Master Elite V2 550W Power Supply

or

EVGA 600W 80Plus Bronze Certified Power Supply

or

EVGA 100-W1-500-KR 500W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Continuous Power Supply

or

Any other PSU suggestions in thsi website (Please take price into consideration!)

Thanks Jay,

HP Recommended

Here is the video of me doing your steps in order, please verify if i did this all exactly

(Sorry if its low quality, its becuase its still proccessing HD)

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Okay. I know exactly what is going on and what is being messed up. I am going into detail. Follow steps to a T please and I see no reason why this should not work. The first critical mistake you made is touching the bios keys. I will be attaching a picture as well for reference. 

1. Put back in old card and restore system bios defaults.

2. Uninstall Nvidia drivers

3. Reboot back into bios

4. Disable legacy and turn on secure boot. Also disable fast boot. Settings should look exactly like my picture.

5. Save settings and exit.

6. PC now might not boot up. That is a GOOD thing.

7. Shut off pc and remove old card.

8. Install new card and fire it up.

9. You should be good to go and it will work. 

If that don't work. You have a bad card most likely. Because even with Legacy. It would only work if the card does not have full UEFI bios. So, you would disable secure boot and enable legacy. Touching nothing else at all setting wise. Other then disabling fast boot. 

psu2.JPG

HP Recommended

Hi Fatty,

I disagree on enabling secure boot.

I am fuzzy on fast boot. I had to disable fast boot on Win 7 but Win 8.1 and Win 10 support fast boot.

Factory defaults will auto enable secure boot anyway.

Secure boot must be disabled before installing the new card. Secure boot enforces HP security keys based on the hardware HP installed at the factory.

The PC will boot with the GTX 645 installed using either secure boot or legacy boot.

I have done this many times before installing a new graphics card.

Secure boot and UEFI are related concepts. Disabling secure boot does not impair native UEFI functions except for device security. Therefore legacy booting will not adversely affect booting with a UEFI graphics card. In fact, legacy is required when upgrading a graphics card unless you clear HP's hardware keys.

Secure boot is a subset of UEFI. Secure boot enforces hardware security. When you boot using legacy with secure boot disabled you are still using UEFI BIOS but without hardware security.

You know what. I have nothing else to say.

Best wishes Infernal!

Jay

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Bios upgrade should work with in Windows 10 as well. Even though its under 8. You can try it. BUT. I would try this instead. I have read other success with this method. You can extract the .exe files and put them on a usb stick. Then upgrade bios through UEFI diagnostic tool. 

HP Recommended

FattyGoneWild Can you give me a step by step procedure or something becuase I am already lost...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.