Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Please can someone help me to find a good graphics card for my pc, the model is: HP Compaq Elite 8300 Ultra-slim PC.

I want to play Counterstrike Source and it plays OK at the moment, but the graphics don't look very good.

Because the PC is so small, I think it needs some kind of modified graphics card and none of the models on page http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/products/desktops/product-detail.html?oid=5232866#!tab=models doesn't suggest a graphics card.

Thanks for your help,

Luke

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

According to specs, (see pg 15), it has a low profile slot PCIEx16 graphics (2.5" x 6" card).

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

I just bought  an Hp Compaq Elite 8300  Ultra-Slim desktop. I am not an expert but I would like to know if it is possible to add a pci  or other connected video card inside.  I Would like to use it for work but also  as an htpc with XBMC installed. I have no hdmi connector to plug it to an 80inches tv screen so i was wondering if i could find a good video card with hdmi or dv connector compatible to this kind of computer. first thing to know, is it possible  to upgrade this model with  an internal video card?. Thank you in advance for your answer.

mnemesys

HP Recommended

Hi mnemesys,

Welcome to the HP Community! I have included the specifications for your model. There is no PCI slot that graphic cards are going to require.  This isn't going to be a model that you are going to able to upgrade to use with your television.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

help me!

i install new graphic card on my hp elite 8300 ultra slim pc but my pc cant't  start. it get 4 beep with red led.

the graphic card is: ATI Radeaon HD 5450.

Please tell me how to ínstall it on my hp elite.

HP Recommended

I too am having this exact same issue but with a different video card.  My card is an HP elite One AMD Radeon HD 7650A MXM 2gb DDR3 GFX Graphics Card and it will just run the fan really fast and then I get the 4 beeps and a red light.

HP Recommended

what kind of your adapter? my adapter output is 19.5v and 6.9A (150W). i trying to find adapter 19.5v 11.8A (230W) for my system but not found. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.