Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 400 G3 Small Form Factor PC

HP ProDesk 400 G3 I5 - 6500 TPC TM 1.2 to 2.00 upgrade possibilities My DT is working beautifully. To move from Win10 ^4bit Pro to Win 11, I need TM 1.2 to 2.00. Can it be done, please advise..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

While it can be done, the processor still doesn't meet Microsoft's minimum W11 hardware requirements.

The processor has to be an Intel 8th generation core or newer and your PC's model series does not support those processors.

You can update the TPM 1.2 version to TPM 2.0 by following the guidance at the link below.

HP Desktops, Notebooks, and Workstations - HP TPM Configuration Utility With Windows 10 Anniversary ...

Whether or not you do the firmware update to TPM 2.0, if you are interested in installing W11 on your PC as is, you can read this discussion for how I upgraded several HP and Dell notebook and desktop PC's that did not meet the W11 hardware requirements to W11 22H2/22H3.

You have to use the version of the Rufus utility that I zipped up and attached in the discussion (v3.18).

Re: Issues upgrading to windows 11 - HP Support Community - 8517912

If the in-place upgrade fails, you should be able to clean install W11 using the bootable W11 installation flash drive you made with Rufus.

HP Recommended

Let me start to say #thank you Tom# your are a gem. You responded very quickly all with a very comprehensive along with software attachment. I will try and will let community know. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Dear Paul, 

I know basic computer skills.  Your document is quite complex, Is it possible (if you have one) to let me have simple procedure instructions?  The softpaq software, which version (Issue) do we need?  

Thanks

LH Zaidi

HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, there is no documentation available that would make the TPM update process easier.

If you are uncomfortable following the instructions after you run sp81900, I do not recommend trying to update the TPM.

If you do not follow the steps correctly, then you stand a very good chance of wrecking your PC, and if you are only wanting to do this to update to W11, it is not necessary because as I had first replied, even with a TPM 2.0 security chip, your PC still does not meet Microsoft's minimum W11 processor requirements.

I'm running W11 on one PC that don't even have a TPM security chip and I'm running W11 on many PC's with TPM 1.2 security devices.  They work fine.

The Softpaq file download is at the bottom of the webpage...sp81900, and I have also posted it below.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp81501-82000/sp81900.exe 

The instructions to run the file are in the release notes link also found at the bottom of the page.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp81501-82000/sp81900.html 

PREREQUISITES: NONE
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the file by clicking the Download or Obtain Software button and saving the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where the downloaded file is saved).

2. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.