Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z2 Tower G4 Base Model Workstation

My question is I found 2 hp z2 g4 power supplies but one has 3 4 pins power connectors but the other one has 2 4 pins so I don’t know which one is compatible with my motherboard  my mobo only has 2 4 pin connections so I don’t know why there is a extra 4 pin on the eBay power supplyAE337F75-D4CD-41BC-BA14-F6357FA0EDB7.png2B15FF98-5DF2-4A14-8C68-843F5256842A.jpegB1C203C8-5DFC-4E03-A8FE-A780AE5CE69C.png

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

What is the product number of your workstation?

It should be on the rear of the workstation.

The Z2 G4 series has three different base configurations.  

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

This is my pcimage.jpg

HP Recommended

You should have typed it in the thread reply.

2YW27AV is the product number.

According to the HP Support website, your PC is an HP Z2 Tower G4 Base model workstation  and  not  a mini tower that the PSU you asked about is for.  Se the link below.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/details/hp-z2-tower-g4-workstation/model/20063443?sku=2YW27AV

A moderator will likely delete the image you provided, because it has the serial number in it. 

The HP PartSurfer data shows that your PC has a 250 PSU.

Are the dimensions of the original PSU the same as the one you want to order?  

Here are the original PSU dimensions

Length
27.10 cm
Width
20 cm
Height
16.40 cm

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Could you confirm this is the right p/n number for the power supply6521292E-0DEB-4339-B570-F34BAC26204B.png

HP Recommended

are these the same pc I’m trying to follow the upgrade guide of this persons pc upgrade can I use the same power supply he used9104CC7C-662B-4AED-A3A2-D1DB699AD928.png3CC5FAD3-29AE-4BCC-8182-DC252B728F13.png

HP Recommended

Since you are the one who has the PC, you would know better than I if it is identical to yours.

It would have helped if you had taken a moment and provided the link to the web page of where "this person"  has documented the upgrade that he did.

This forum has a two way street for information.

I don't work for you, but I am always willing to work with you, if you work with me.

I am trying to help, but when you don't provide me with the information that I request or need, it makes this a difficult process.

HP did not provide the optional PSU part numbers for the HP Z2 GW base tower workstation, so I have to do my best to read between the lines.

Take a look at this thread from 2021

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z2-G4-upgrade-PSU-...

HP Recommended

I am curious as to why you didn't just ask @NonSequitur777  your questions. 

Don't send him a PM. He will get notification that I put his user name here.

If he chooses to answer, then he will.

Apparently he has an HP Z2 G4 Tower that he does upgrades on for fun. 

One downside of the UserBenchmark site is that they don't include any information about the PSU.

HP Recommended

Thank you, @erico.

Yes, @Daniel358, I can confirm, again, that you are referencing the correct power supply upgrade for your HP Z2 Tower G4 Workstation.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.