Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
X4500 wireless mouse
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi,

I recently purchased an HP wireless mouse X4500 that came with a Link-5 receiver to be inserted into an USB port. I followed the installation as suggested. After plugging in the receiver it did the installation process, but the mouse just doesn't connect. I changed the batteries and did everything that I could think of, but there is no light, no indication whatsoever that there is any kind of connection. I even put on my bluetooth....nothing. Please advice.

This is the first time I am connecting a wireless mouse with my laptop - Yoga 2 Pro Windows 8.1 64-bit. I am planning to upgrade to Windows 10 within the next month. I am wondering whether this mouse is compatible at all. It does say it is compatible with Windows 8.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi there @wendy21,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you are having trouble connecting a new wireless mouse to your computer. I am happy to help with this.

Is there any sign that the mouse is powered on, such as the right lights coming from the bottom of the mouse when it is on?

If not, try toggling the power switch off and then on again. If there is no change, double check the batteries to be sure that they are oriented correctly, and then try replacing them again.

HP Wireless Mouse x4500 QSG

If there is still no sign of power, then the device may just be defective.

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thankyou for your reply. Actually, the mouse just stops working whenever I shut my laptop and start working later after sometime. I have to restart everytime just to make the mouse work again. It just frustrating since I have to close all my work and restart everytime.

HP Recommended

Have you tried using that mouse with a different computer, to see if the same thing happens?

It may be unrelated to the mouse itself, and more a power management issue on the computer, or a system performance issue. You can start with this HP PCs - Resolving slow system performance (Windows 😎

Also check through - HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 😎, as it may resolve the issue.

Let me know how it goes.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.