Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 510-a100 Desktop PC series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When will the Spectre bios update for Pavilion 510-a100 be available?   I did not see it on the list below

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c05869091

This PC uses a AMD Carrizo-L A8-7410 cpu.

I updated the OS, but I need a firmware update for the CPU, via a BIOS update.    I would hope that HP would provide an update for the Spectre flaw for such a recent computer.

I also have an HPE-180t, with Windows 7 x64.    Even with latest OS updates, it is still vulnerable to both Spectre and Meltdown, and the i7 CPU is too old for the Spectre Intel CPU firmware fix.   So does this mean this computer will forever be vulnerable to Spectre?  Will an OS upgrade eventually fix Meltdown?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

I wish I could set your mind at ease on when AMD and Intel will issue microcode patches to OEM's for both processors.

Please read the following articles on what is happening. The AMD Carrizo was released by AMD in 2015. The Intel Bloomfield processor SKU is older than 2015. Your 180t was manufactured by HP in 2010.

AMD is issuing patches for newer processors first.

Intel has it's own set of problems. Random system reboots. The list of affected Intel processors is getting bigger.

Microsoft issued KB4056892 but it was causing random reboots on AMD processors.

I have five systems. An Asus Z370 motherboard/Intel 8700k processor system is the only protected PC.

S-M Test.PNG

Tom

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Bump.  Awaiting response to 3 questions.

HP Recommended

Hi

I wish I could set your mind at ease on when AMD and Intel will issue microcode patches to OEM's for both processors.

Please read the following articles on what is happening. The AMD Carrizo was released by AMD in 2015. The Intel Bloomfield processor SKU is older than 2015. Your 180t was manufactured by HP in 2010.

AMD is issuing patches for newer processors first.

Intel has it's own set of problems. Random system reboots. The list of affected Intel processors is getting bigger.

Microsoft issued KB4056892 but it was causing random reboots on AMD processors.

I have five systems. An Asus Z370 motherboard/Intel 8700k processor system is the only protected PC.

S-M Test.PNG

Tom

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.