Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
envy 700-147C
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

First the TOP USB3 connector failed & would only function as USB2 than the Audio failed.  Since they are both from the same assembly (a raised, small platform, located on the top, forward part, of the PC). The power switch is on top of this platform while the connectors are in the back. I find it more than a coincidence that they failed.   I can find dozens of  views of ENVY 700-147 pc &  motherboard, front, back, imside, outside views but none of the top connector assembly. My feeling is that it is a hardware issue & would appreciate some advice on repairing it.

BTW: I had an audio cable plugged into the front & it was very convenient because I only needed a short cable. It's very difficult to access the back because the PC is mounted under the desk.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there @snoopcat1,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  I understand that you are having some trouble with the connections in your case at the top front.  I am happy to give you a hand with this.

Looking up available parts for your system model using the HP Parts Store, or the HP PartSurfer, I found that the part you describe is almost certainly:

645574-003     Top I/O - 2USB3.0, HM, BLACKBEARD, 3C11

If you are comfortable with it, you could try replacing it yourself by obtaining a replacement from one of the resellers listed as options on the Parts Store site and installing it yourself, or you could instead contact phone support and arrange a repair.  If you prefer the second choice, then please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp, fill out the form, create a case for your issue and then use the provided information to contact HP.  

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi there @snoopcat1,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  I understand that you are having some trouble with the connections in your case at the top front.  I am happy to give you a hand with this.

Looking up available parts for your system model using the HP Parts Store, or the HP PartSurfer, I found that the part you describe is almost certainly:

645574-003     Top I/O - 2USB3.0, HM, BLACKBEARD, 3C11

If you are comfortable with it, you could try replacing it yourself by obtaining a replacement from one of the resellers listed as options on the Parts Store site and installing it yourself, or you could instead contact phone support and arrange a repair.  If you prefer the second choice, then please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp, fill out the form, create a case for your issue and then use the provided information to contact HP.  

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.