Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
QZ233AA#ABA - Model p7-1297cb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Downloaded Windows 10 from WIndows 7. Working fine until a month ago.

I now get the "whea_uncorrectable_error" message on the blue screen of death.

Tried all solutions I found on the Windows support website except for Solution 1 - "Disabling Overclock in BIOS." From this HP forum, it seems I can't disable overclock because HP does not allow it.

I also tried Solution 2 - Windows in Safe Mode and Check for Drivers, Solution 3 - Check if there are Any hardware Issues, and Solution 4 - Run Windows Memory DIagnostics. All three other solutions did not detect anything wrong with the computer.

My IT guy at work suggested I take out the BIOS battery in order for the BIOS to reset itself. Considering buying a new battery as a remedy. Will do so tomorrow after work.

I tried backing up my harddrive on an external drive but as I was doing so (1%), the blue screen of death came on again with the "Whea error" message.

I am at witts end. I need help asap.

Thanks.

ElvisA

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi there @ElvisA,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you have been getting a "whea_uncorrectable_error" message after running Windows 10 for a month. I am happy to help you with this.

See the following HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, MSI MS-7778 (Jasmine)

as it includes instructions on how to clear the BIOS.

Also here is a primer on the BIOS for this board, and as you can see the option for overclocking is not present.

HP Desktop PCs - BIOS Settings for the Jasmine Motherboard

Something you can try is to go into Safe Mode and see if this BSOD still occurs. If it does not, then the issue is more software related. HP PCs - Windows Safe Mode (Windows 10, 😎

Then if you know the date when the BSOD started to occur, you could try a Windows Restore, to go back to previous settings.  HP PCs - Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10, 😎

Please let me know how that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.