Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp 500B MT

ARE HP DOING ANY MORE DRIVERS FRO THE HP 500B MT 32 WINDOWS 10  4 THE BIOS OR HARDWARE  ?

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@mods64

If you mean NEW drivers and BIOS upgrades, like for Win10 -- then, no.

The last stuff HP produced for this PC was for Win7, and that was years ago.

HP is no longer producing new drivers or BIOS updates for the older, Win7 PCs.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

There are several possible answers:

#1: HP has not tested your computer for use with Windows 10, because they have declared it as "too old", meaning that it does not meet the minimum hardware-requirements for running Windows 10 (disk-drive has insufficient capacity, CPU is too slow, video-card lacks the necessary features, not enough RAM).

#2: HP has tested your computer for use with Windows 10, but it did not work, and they decided to stop right there.

#3: HP has tested your computer for use with Windows 10, and it did "mostly" work, *AND* HP created and supplied new device-drivers to Microsoft, and Microsoft incorporated those device-drivers onto the Windows 10 Installation Media, so that those device-drivers are automatically used by Windows 10.

#4: HP has tested your computer for use with Windows 10, and it did "mostly" work, *AND* HP supplied new device-drivers to Microsoft, but HP missed the "cut-off" date for the updates to be included on the Windows 10 Installation Media, and so Microsoft loaded those device-drivers into Windows Update.  Windows Update, running on your computer, will find those updates, and will download and install them.

Download and install Windows 10, without entering a product-key, to get a "trial" version that can be used for a few days, to test each of the above possibilities.

HP Recommended

From: https://www.cnet.com/products/hp-compaq-500b-c-e3200-2-4-ghz-monitor-none-series/specs/

your dual-core CPU is over twice as fast as the "minimum" requirement,

your 160GB disk-drive is large-enough,

your 1GB of RAM _is_ the minimum for 32-bit Windows.

HP Recommended

HP DID WINDOWS 10 32BIT DRIVER IN 2014 4 THE HP 500B MT BUT STOP AT JUST THAT DRIVER ?

HP Recommended

> HP DID WINDOWS 10 32BIT DRIVER IN 2014 4 THE HP 500B MT BUT STOP AT JUST THAT DRIVER ?

That is a difficult sentence to "parse".

Did you mean something like:

I know that HP did release a device-driver for 32-bit Windows 10 in 2014 for the HP 500B-MT, but did they stop any further development and enhancements of the device-driver at that time?

If so, my guess is that the device-driver worked fine, and still works fine, and so there's no need for updating that device-driver, or no economic justification for HP to invest time/money for ongoing software development.

HP Recommended

the  windows 10 32 bit driver 4 the hp 500b was just the  hp support assistant are doing any more drivers for it ?

HP Recommended

> the  windows 10 32-bit driver for the HP 500B was just the  hp support assistant.  Are HP doing any more drivers for it ?

I presume that you are looking at the page:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=4191795&swItemId=vc_172710_1&swEnvOid=419...

Fortunately, I do not speak for HP, so I cannot say what their plans are for software development.

There is the possibility that the needed device-drivers for this computer are either:

* embedded in the Windows 10 installation media;

* available for download via Windows Update;

Do you have a specific need for some device-driver?

Have you downloaded Windows 10, and installed it as a "trial" version, i.e., not entering a 25-character product-key, to evaluate it?

HP Recommended

i got the full windows 10 32 bit but some of the drivers are out of date  i was hope hp wood update them 4 the windows 10 32 bit drivers on hp support assistant but nothing download from them ?

HP Recommended

> but some of the drivers are out of date 

How did you determine that?

Did you find device-drivers (from some other source) that claim to be "newer" ?

Did you run some "Driver Detective" or "Driver Updater" software that made the claim(s) ?

Personally, I don't trust such software, and would never pay them any money to them.

> I was hoping HP would update them for the Windows 10 32-bit drivers

> via HP Support Assistant, but nothing download from them ?

Are the current device-drivers not working correctly?

What problem(s) are you having? 

Does "Device Manager" show any "problem" with any device?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.