Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 6000 Pro SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! I used DBAN to wipe hard drive for fresh reinstallation of Windows 10. It recognized all other drivers except the PCI Serial Port. Desktop model is VW202ET.

DeviceManager.png

How do I go from here? Not sure of the name for the driver though unless I'm required to open up the computer, then I'll do that if need be. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need this driver for the PCI Serial Port...

This package contains the Intel Local Management Service (LMS) and Serial-over-LAN (SOL) support for Intel Active Management Technology (AMT) for the supported desktop models and operating systems. This software is part of the Intel Digital Office Initiative.

HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads

Your PC will run just fine on W10.

I have the 8000 Elite CMT which is the upscale model of the 6000 Pro and it runs W10 just peachy.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

AlluraBlue

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I wish I had good news for you -- but I don't ...

HP does not provide Win10 drivers for your model PC, so basically, you should NOT have forced an installation of Win10 because HP does not have the drivers needed to ensure full operation of all the hardware that came with your PC.

Your best option is to return your PC to its original OS version, that way, you will be able to continue to use all its features.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended
Thank you for the reply, WAWOOD.
I bought the computer over eBay around a year ago now and it was running Windows 8 initially. I have a product key but would this work on the older versions anymore, or would it now be set as a Windows 10 key?
Overall, does it really matter about the PCI slot driver considering all other hardware works fine? I use the computer for Java and Javascript development mainly and after waiting a whole day for DBAN to complete, installing Windows 8 will only overlap the current version which is why I needed to DBAN in the first place.
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need this driver for the PCI Serial Port...

This package contains the Intel Local Management Service (LMS) and Serial-over-LAN (SOL) support for Intel Active Management Technology (AMT) for the supported desktop models and operating systems. This software is part of the Intel Digital Office Initiative.

HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads

Your PC will run just fine on W10.

I have the 8000 Elite CMT which is the upscale model of the 6000 Pro and it runs W10 just peachy.

HP Recommended

Thank you Paul! That did it. Now all drivers are detected and updated xD

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I have W10 running just fine on much older HP business PCs than those two.

You just need to know what drivers to use, and where to find them.

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue, but this link doesn't work anymore.

HP Recommended

Hi, @legozakattak :

If you are having the same issue with the same model PC (6000 Pro or 8000 Elite), then you need this driver...

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45367.exe

If you have a different model PC, then please start a new post and provide the full model number or product number of your PC.

HP Recommended

link is not working

HP Recommended

Link works fine.

I just tried it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.