Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 23-h024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to enable the virtualization or hyper virtulization in BIOS.  How can I do that? The problem is, I have Kapersky and when I go to my Chase Bank account it gives a message stating my information will not be protected. I contacted Kapersky and they said I need to enable the virtualization. I am having problems doing that. Can you please help?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

See the picture below for where to find the enable Virtualization setting on most HP consumer class desktop PC's.

Leeds VT enable.jpg

And here is the setting for where to enable Hyper V

Enabel VT in Windows Control Panel.jpg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

See the picture below for where to find the enable Virtualization setting on most HP consumer class desktop PC's.

Leeds VT enable.jpg

And here is the setting for where to enable Hyper V

Enabel VT in Windows Control Panel.jpg

HP Recommended

> when I go to my Chase Bank account it gives a message stating my information will not be protected.

What is the exact message? 

What Operating System are you running?

Which web-browser are you using?  What version of it?

Your web-browser should be "negotiating" the "secure-HTTP" protocol with Chase Bank's web-server, to ensure that all data is encrypted during the connection, for your protection.  If something is wrong with that "negotiation", you will get an error-message.

> I contacted Kapersky and they said I need to enable the virtualization.

That really is strange advice, because "virtualization" is used when you want to create a "virtual" computer running as an application on your "real" computer.  The advantage of a "virtual" computer is that you can "reset" it, should something go wrong, without affecting your "real" computer.   

But, my computer does not require "virtualization" to connect under Windows 7 using Internet Explorer 11 to connect to the Chase Bank web-site. So, why should yours?

I would ignore their advice.

Do you have another web-browser installed? Google Chrome? Firefox? Safari?  Can any of them connect to the Chase Bank web-site? 

HP Recommended

Hi, I already used the info from the prior response to my question and enabled  the virtualization. It's working now and I'm allowed into my Chase account.  I use Mozilla Fire Fox, don't know which version. I do have Internet expoler on my computer, but only use Fire Fox. I don't remember what the exact message was that I received, it was something like, your information will not be protected.  My operatiing system is Windows 10.

Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.