Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Is there going to be a windows 10, 64 bit driver update?

Windows 10 is still searching for a graphics driver (for 25+ minutes) even though I am using an aftermarket HD6350 card and AMD says it's drivers are up to date. It took about 5 minutes for the desktop to reconfigure from 1280x1024 to 1920x1080 (monitor's native resolution).

I had NO update problems, other than the normal Irritating, inefficient, screens that stay on so long I think the upgrade has hung, lack of adequate explanation that seems to be the normal microsoft method. 

HP Recommended

Hi, @Ed375

Here is the link to the latest graphics driver for the Radeon 6350.  1st one on the list...

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows%2010%20-%2064

HP Recommended

I went to the AMD driver webpage and checked the drivers, before my previous posting. AMD says the drivers are up to date.

"AMD says it's drivers are up to date. "

Thanks anyway.

Ed

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

I had this very same issue buying my hp elite 8200 i5 from amazon.   It amounts to the thermal paste they used.... my guy used what looked like lotion. U have to buy artic silver and reglue your heatsink all problems will be cleared.

Hp elite 8200 business sff

icore 5 2400

16gb ram

1.5 tb hard drives

nvidia gt 610

windows 10

HP Recommended

On the system that will not shut down except by extended power button press.

Check your power settings, I've come accross Windows 10 randomly, inexplicably setting the cord power setting to sleep instead of shut off at a rate of about 1 in 10 installs.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.