Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion 500-402a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Windows 10 update crashed computer. Need to access start up settings to fix. That option does not exist in start up menu. How do I access that? Neither restore point or system image restore works as get error message at very end of process. Once logged in start up goes into rapid looping and unable to access anything.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi@TadB,

Thanks for the response.

Glad to hear that you were able to restore the PC with the tedious step I suggested.

Kudos” to you. You can reach HP Support Forums for any of your HP Product regarding any queries.

Advanced New Year wishes and Happy Holidays to you.

Hope the information shared will help you. Please share for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello@TadB,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I have read your post and understand that the PC crashes a lot after windows 10 update. I will definitely help you.

I believe the update didn’t get installed correctly causing the corruption to the boot files as well. At this time,

I can recommend you to perform the recovery as it’s the only way to get the PC going. Since the System, Restore didn’t work for you.

Use the link below to know more about performing the PC recovery on your PC.

I found that your PC was sent with Windows 8.1 and I believe you have upgraded it to Windows 10.

I will share links to both the operating systems. Check if any of them help you in doing recovery.

Windows 10: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04758961

Windows 8 and 8.1: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03489643

Hope that answers your question. Let me know for more.

Resolv_S

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thanks, I was hoping to avoid losing software I have loaded. This HP has crashed a number of times during Windows 8 and Windows 10 updates. I have had to do factory reset a couple of times as only way to get it back. In searching for the latest problem solution (on my old back-up pc) a lot of solutions involved getting into start-up settings and turning off latest update. That does not appear to be an option for HP environment. As well in using recovery I cannot get the pc to use the dvd drive to use my recovery discs. I do not have knowledge to to know which boot option setting to use. In doing restore points or system image it finishes but then gives error as unable to load 0x800700005. Looking this on web it says usually because do not have administrator rights which seems odd.

Anyway if recovery it is, so be it and painfull exercise of getting downloads and reloading.

HP Recommended

I did a restart for UEFI and system image now works. I have recovered to just before annivesary update and PC now works. Hopefully microsoft have fixed the update before it loads again.

HP Recommended

Hi@TadB,

Thanks for the response.

Glad to hear that you were able to restore the PC with the tedious step I suggested.

Kudos” to you. You can reach HP Support Forums for any of your HP Product regarding any queries.

Advanced New Year wishes and Happy Holidays to you.

Hope the information shared will help you. Please share for more.

Resolv_S

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

So reloaded windows and as soon as it updated it crashed again. Task manager shows windows services and norton bouncing off each other and have seen posts claiming they fixed similar problem by removing security software in safe mode reloading windows and then reloading security software. But all methods I have found to get into safe mode do not work from HP environment. How do I get into safe mode?

HP Recommended

@TadB

Thanks for the reply.

Click here to know how to login to safe mode.

Cheers.​​​​​​​

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.