Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 700-074 Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello, I have been frantically trying to update my Intel 4600 graphics driver for many months now and it has not worked. There is a currently a problem with my graphics driver (it does not allow me to play any of my pc games, they crash as I start them up) and I have been recomended by various to people to update my graphics driver. I have tried using Intel's website to update my driver, but since it was modified by the the manufacturor it would not work. The HP support for my computer for driver and software downloads has not worked either- I get erroer 259-, as the version it is trying to download and install is a version lower than what I currently have installed (Version 10.18.10.3621). I do not know what to do at this point as I have searched hard for a version higher than what I have installed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if David's solution at the link below works for you too...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Envy-vdeo-drivers-are-way-out-of-da...

HP Recommended

It works perfectly now, thank you so much!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.