Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 23-D140T Touchsmart
Windows 8.1

Is there a way to disable the touchsmart feature in the bios or with a startup command?  I have a touchsmart with a broken digitizer otherwise it functions normally.  I disable the touchscreen in the control panel and am able to use the computer without a problem until windows or HP does an update.  Each time it updates it defaults the control panel setting to enable the touchscreen and then I am back to square 1.  

If there was a way to disable the touchscreen before it boots or while it is booting then this would not be an issue.  

Thanks,

Vinny

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @vv1500,

I have read your post on how you are looking to disable the touchscreen of your AIO computer, and I would be happy to assist you in this matter!

To disable the touchscreen feature on the display, I recommend following the steps below:

• Press the Windows logo key + X.
  • Select Device Manager from the list.
  • Click the little arrow next to Human Interface Devices to expand the list.
  • Click the touch screen driver,
  • Right-click, and select Disable from the list.
  • Click Yes on the dialog box that asks if you are sure you want to disable the touch screen driver.

reference: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Notebook-PC-Questions/How-to-Disable-the-touch-screen-for-HP-Pavi...

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, and I look forward to your reply!

Regards 🙂

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

My touch screen "thinks" I am pressing a point repeatedly over in the left edge of my screen, so any fixes which require me to launch a program and click a bunch of things are unlikely to work, unless I can click very very quickly betweeen phantom touch screen presses.

Is there a way to disable this in the boot up sequence?

Mark

HP Recommended

Greetings ,

I feel like I am dying ! I have a wonderful computer 27 inch Envy. 

I currently live in Dominican Republic . There is not HP computer store or repair shop here. I have a warrantly of 9 months left. 

my computer touch is not working I tried everthing its a hardware issue. to send back to USA will cost me like 500 dollars back and forth.

I decided to disable touch, but everytime i turn on the computer it reboots and puts it back on and my computer goes crazy. 

how can i permentaly remove from bios ? is there an easier way to remove? 

help someone !! i tried what one of hp comment said about go to microsoft wiindow bar then x key  to remove , but once computer turns on or off it pops up again. 

help love me EVNY 27 inches.

HP Recommended

Hi Mechpilot , 

Thanks for information.

it does not remove permantly. 

on start up it boots up all over again, even when i click to remove driver.

if i knew how to go in Bios then for sure i could delete there ??

jblack818

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.