Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy 24 IPS Monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an Envy 24 IPS Monitor with display issues.  It looks very "cloudy" and there is a thick vertcal line going down the middle.  I hooked it up to my iPad and had the same display issues.  Already have done factory reset.  Any help appreciated.  I've had the monitor less than a year and it's been great until recently.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Glad to see you will get a replacement.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

karenirene

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Given that it shows the same display artifacts, regardless of the machine it is connected to, that indicates an internal problem with the monitor.

While this monitor is still under warranty, you should contact HP Customer Support directly to have them put you in touch with HP Technical Support to see what they can do about diagnosing and repairing your monitor.

If they can't fix it, you should see about them replacing it -- under the warranty.

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!

If you have trouble finding a phone number, then try: 1 (800) 474-6836

---------------------------------------
However, HP Customer Support is generally not available on the weekends, so you might have to wait until Monday to contact them.
---------------------------------------

Good Luck

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help.  I was able to contact HP Support today (but they sure don't make it easy) and they will be sending me a new monitor.

HP Recommended

Glad to see you will get a replacement.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.