Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I just ordered an Envy Recline 27 all-in-one, but I currently use a system that has 2 monitors. I contacted HP as to whether the Envy can support a 2nd monitor, and they told me the video card supports 2 monitors, and it has an HDMI slot. But when I look at pix of the computer, I see an HDMI "in" (for plugging in a gaming console) but I don't see an HDMI "out" or other video out port. Does anyone out there know for sure that this system can support a 2nd monitor? Thanks for your hlep.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I called and finally got through to a knowledgeable customer support person who confirmed that it does not have HDMI out, or any other outgoing video port, and cannot support a 2nd monitor. So I cancelled my order and will look at Lenovo and Dell (both of whom have HDMI out ports on theirs, but we'll have to see if either one will extend the desktop or just duplicate the first monitor).

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi,

What is its model/product number ? There are many of them. Many HP AIO machines only have HDMI in, not out therefore you may have to add more hardware later to get two monitors. Again, which machine did you order, we need to be sure ? Note: Recline 27 series has many models.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Actually there's only one model of the 27" recline. It's the ENVY Recline 27-k150xt TouchSmart but that's the only one there is. Customer service assured me it can use a 2nd monitor, but I just don't see how it's going to with only an HDMI out showing anywhere on the hardware. I have no idea what you mean about adding more hardware to make this happen if there's no port to attach to.

HP Recommended

Hi,

It's a CTO (Configure To Order) machine that means they can add more things depending on your order. Hope they put everything on paper

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Yes it is a CTO, but nowhere in the configuration menu does it offer a choice on video card or adding a 2nd monitor.

So, does anyone out there know if a 2nd monitor is supported?

HP Recommended

Hi,

You have to call them to check your order. Nothing we can do here, this forum is for you and me.

Regards,

BH

HP Recommended

I did call them, and was told yes it has an HDMI port - in response to my query if it can support a 2nd monitor. But all the pictures I see show "HDMI In" and no output, so I'm trying to get secondary verification from the community (not just you and I, Banhien, are in here) as to whether anyone else knows from first-hand experience if there is the possibility of adding a 2nd monitor.

Anyone else who can respond?

HP Recommended

Hi,

No if it does not have HDMI out (or other video out) port. If you need a second monitor you have to buy more hardware such as:

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/usb-graphics-card

Regards.

Updated: Just lookling at the specs from your link, the video card shows DVI port (hope this is true) and if this is the case then you can add a second monitor.

BH

HP Recommended

I called and finally got through to a knowledgeable customer support person who confirmed that it does not have HDMI out, or any other outgoing video port, and cannot support a 2nd monitor. So I cancelled my order and will look at Lenovo and Dell (both of whom have HDMI out ports on theirs, but we'll have to see if either one will extend the desktop or just duplicate the first monitor).

HP Recommended

There must be more models than that, mine is:

Model #: 27-k001a
Product #: H6N03AA#ABG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.