Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
ENVY h8-1420t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased Dell 43 inch 4K monitor P4317Q. The graphics card in my ENVY h8-1420t computer only supports 30Hz for this monitor. What graphics card should I buy to support 60Hz refresh rate for this 4K monitor (I use DisplayPort 1.2)?

I do not need 3D, but want good 2D and video decoding. Would Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 fit into my computer? Are there any compatibility issues, different sizes, connectors, power supply, etc. to worry about?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@jiri_k1

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP ENVY h8-1420t. I understand that you want to check if you can use Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 on this computer.

I went through the specifications of this graphic card.

I find that the power supply needed for this graphic card is 400w.

Click here to check the Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 specifications.

Please check your computer power supply if it is 400W yes you can use it.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks for being a part of the HP community.

Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help.

If you wish to say "thanks" for my efforts, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@jiri_k1

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP ENVY h8-1420t. I understand that you want to check if you can use Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 on this computer.

I went through the specifications of this graphic card.

I find that the power supply needed for this graphic card is 400w.

Click here to check the Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 specifications.

Please check your computer power supply if it is 400W yes you can use it.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks for being a part of the HP community.

Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help.

If you wish to say "thanks" for my efforts, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.