Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

My monitor has decided that it does not want to turn off, or let me change any settings.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.  However most recently it has decided not to work more than work.  

None of the buttons work, I get no message on the monitor, I cant turn it off or change any of the settings.  I just got the monitor 3 or so months ago and this just started happening recently.  It has done nothing but sit on my desk.  Anyone with experience please help me out!  I have a LG that is 2 years old and everything still works great on it, its not like I fiddle with anything but the power buttons, but it is rather annoying.  Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Your monitor is covered by warranty for one year if you purchased it new.  Perhaps you should contact HP support.  HP's support number is 800-474-6836 or 800-HPINVENT or online here.

Try a monitor reset. Unplug the monitor’s power cord and hold down the monitor’s power button for 30-60 seconds. Plug the monitor back in and power it up.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Your monitor is covered by warranty for one year if you purchased it new.  Perhaps you should contact HP support.  HP's support number is 800-474-6836 or 800-HPINVENT or online here.

Try a monitor reset. Unplug the monitor’s power cord and hold down the monitor’s power button for 30-60 seconds. Plug the monitor back in and power it up.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

The reset worked, thank you sooooooooooooooooo much.

HP Recommended

IT did not work for me

HP Recommended

To get around this problem I simply keep the monitor on 24/7. By doing this allows the monitor to go to sleep after I shut down my computer system. The green power light on the lower right hand corner of the screen's frame turns to orange.

I think this uses very little power and the monitor goes to sleep so I never have to bother with the button which in my case worked after doing the reset that one time but to prevent it from not working or fudging again I have kept my monitor on and let it go to sleep after pc shutdown for these past few months without issue.

HP Recommended

welcome to the world of HP, I have the same problem, and cannot fix it. Just leave on in sleep mode. Sue

HP Recommended

I tried it more than once, didn't work 

HP Recommended

@Redm1125

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking  here To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.