Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

I have had this computer for a week and every time I turn it on and sign in about 10 minutes later it just shuts down and restarts itself with no explanation.  I have tried turning off the automatic restart in the advanced section of system properties, but it didn't fix it, and I can't find any other explanations for what is happening.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

You just purchased this PC?

Nice system. I have a 810-150se. Similar to yours.

I have zero tolerance for new products that fail soon after purchase.

Return it as soon as possible!

Jaco

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Badwolf01, welcome to the forum.

When requesting help you should always include the make/model (i.e. p6-xxxx) of the computer and/or monitor. This information is necessary for us to review the specifications of them.

Have you checked to see if the fans are working properly?  It could be that the computer is getting hot and shutting down to stop possible damage to the components.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

It's a HP ENVY phoenix 810-003a.  How would I go about checking the fans? It does it quite soon after I turn it on could it get that hot in ten minutes? I don't do anything with I just let it sit on the desktop until it restarts.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You just purchased this PC?

Nice system. I have a 810-150se. Similar to yours.

I have zero tolerance for new products that fail soon after purchase.

Return it as soon as possible!

Jaco

HP Recommended

Yeah I'm going to take it back to try and get it fixed and hopefully that will resolve the problem. If not I'll look into other systems. 

Thanks for the help

-badwolf01

HP Recommended

Hi,

Good choice.

Have you checked out the performance and gaming desktops at the HP store.

Some PC's are CTO systems so you can choose your components.

Jaco

HP Recommended

I have a hp 810-150 se, mother board IPIWB_P8 Product E3W48AV#ABA

the system starts and restarts, and no Video.

I tried to install a new viedo still the same problem

Reset Bios?? what can be the problem??????? Help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.