Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 22xi
Microsoft Windows XP

Hi

my HP pavilion 22xi monitor keeps shutting off after just a few minutes whether I'm using my PC or not. 

The screen goes off and but the white light to indicate power is on (note it doesn't go to orange ). I have checked the cables. 

Its only when when I unplug and replug the power back in that it resumes and I can see a screen again. 

Any ideas ? Thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi there @Nevswift,

I hope you find your Support Forum experience a positive one!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you are having issues with the display going to sleep on you. I am happy to help with this.

Give this a try: HP and Compaq Flat Panel Monitors - Flat Panel Monitor Displays Message about No Signal, Signal out ...  and let me know if it helps.

Also you can try using the display connected to a different system and see if the hibernation issue occurs with that system as well.

Please let me know what you find, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I had the same problem which drove me nuts and also took my PC for repairs but they found nothing wrong with it - and they were right!

I was wearing a bracelet which had a magnetic guide to facilitate fitting when putting it on. When I rested my wrist on the laptop to type, I was inadvertedly triggering the "close lid" sensor that sends the laptop to sleep mode!

Quite embarrasing to be honest!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.