Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP S2301
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP monitor S2031

Hi - I changed computers From HP to ASUS and I kept this monitor hooked up.  It is connected with a VGA cable.  It does not work now.

On computer start up it flashed ASUS and then went to this:

First it says " auto adjustment in progress"

"DVI no signal. VGA active. Auto switch source on.  Default source is DVI."

Can you please help.  I had no luck looking in the menu of the monitor.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi there @jimb0625,,

May the Forums be with you!  I understand that you are having an issue connecting your display to an ASUS system.  I am happy to assist you with this.

What type of connection were you using with your original computer, the VGA or the DVI?

Does that display still work properly with your HP computer ,assuming you still have it available to test with?

Please let me know when you can.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I was using a DVI.  That's why i thought it may be a switch of some sort.  The monitor is in a different location now so I cannot reconnect to see if it works on it.

HP Recommended

Well the monitor is displaying a message about its connection, so the display is still functional. What connection types are available on the ASUS system?  Does the ASUS system have integrated graphics or does it have a discrete graphics card installed?  IF there is a graphics card installed, are you connecting to that card?  If not try connecting to the graphics card, as often a system will disable on board graphics when a graphics card is installed.

Have you tried contacting ASUS Support - www.asus.com? 

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

ok thanks will try

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.