Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

HP w2207 monitor. On screen volume display is on all the time. If I hit the menu, - or auto/select buttons display will go away but comes back in a second.  The  + button increases the volume bar on the display but has no effect on speaker volume, then it will return to zero volume as soon as button is released. The display overlays and blocks whatever is on the screen. By selecting more than one monitor button I can, sometimes, get the on screen display to change to other pages,  Doesn't"t seem to be a pattern to getting alternate "pages", but if page has several options it will be quickly scrolling threw the selections top to bottum untill I hit select and then the volume screen reapears.  

HELP

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
This monitor type seems to have a button problem.
Sometimes the button seems to hang.
You can try to release it with pushing/pressing it.
Else you could follow the tipps here, and make the button inoperable or change it:
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio-Video-Monitors/HP-W2207h-LCD-MONITOR-HOW-TO-TURN-OFF-OSD-...

HTH
V.
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
HP Recommended

This is an advance solution. You have to open both plastic vessel rear and front of the monitor. Take off the volume panel board, drown it in ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL, wait until dry, then use soldering iron to replace solder paste on every dot of the board, wait for dry and it worksHP W2207H VOLUMEN 2.jpg

HP Recommended

just opened my monitor with good help of following video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG4GQp_avhg

for me soldering was not sufficient. The MINUS Button was defect and the resistance was floating. After exchange the buttons work well again.

Seems to be a mal quality charge of buttons

Hope this help you all

HP Recommended

I lodged a Paperclip over the Menu button and the main config screen popped up .. scrolled over to Factory Reset .. solved

HP Recommended

I lodged a Paperclip over the Menu button and the main config screen popped up .. scrolled over to Factory Reset .. solved

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.